Worlds best spinners .

WHo is the best spinner in the history of cricket ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Love it how the thread progressed from a Narine V/S Ajmal thread.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Thanks Bevab .:cheers:rolleyes

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
You can't rate a spinner, all came at different times and the condition were different. All special in there own way. And I am going to be honest, I have heard names of people like Abdul Qadir but have never watched him bowl probably, nether have a lot of people

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You can still watch through youtube .

spooony

Club Captain
Also I like to give a honor mention to Pat Symcox who bowled 3/8 in 9.2 overs to win the test series in Pakistan. Although after 30 years of trying he struggle to get really turn out a ball and this day he managed to do it.

He was a lot of fun to watch bat though :D

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
In this era though Muttiah has more wickets than Warne,he is not as good as Warney was anyday.This era belongs to Warney.In the olden days,i would think there will be tough competition between EAS Prasanna and BS Chandrasekar,even before that i would go with Jim Laker and Derek Underwood.Ajmal,Naraine,Ashwin may all be good spinners but never can they match the legacy of Underwood,Laker or Warne.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
This is a tough one to pick out, Warne and Murali were both great spinners and although I haven't seen some of the names of the past, it's clear that statistically the two only have each other for competition.

In my personal opinion, Warne was the better of the two but only slightly, it's like comparing the batting greats of the last 20 years, namely Tendulkar, Ponting and Lara, at his peak Tendulkar was the best, the greatest batsman who ever lived, Ponting was probably the grittiest and Lara the most stylish.

Anyway, back to spinners, over the last 3-4 years Ajmal has been the best, he spins the ball more than anyone else and he is just a joy to watch. Swann isn't too far behind though. Narine has a lot of work to do to be on that level.

In terms of ODI cricket, no one's mentioned a little known man...Shahid Afridi

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I think Saqlain would be well ahead of Afridi if we're talking ODI spinners through history. Daniel Vettori is/was also very good.

Can you add Sunil Narine on your poll?

Narine is a mile away from being added to this poll...I think he's got 15 Test wickets, very expensive ones so far. Test wickets are the valuable ones, and the big question is can he deceive batsmen who don't need to score from him?

Users who are viewing this thread