Would you pay ?10 for a downloadable update?

How much would you pay?

• Anything

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • ?10 -?15

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • ?5-?10

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Nothing, I've paid once

Votes: 37 60.7%

• Total voters

srk121

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is there any announcement from codies regarding the patch?

any news on patch guys?

ksduded

Club Cricketer
No of course not, I paid my money, I have consumer rights....I......I.....

Ah who am I kidding..I'd probably pay twice that much, pay for dinner, do the washing up and give each programmer a free full body to body massage just to have a decent game of cricket on my wee little computer, but then again I'm just a cheap sl*t:D

hahaha that made me laugh.... and why? because even though we deny it... I am pretty sure every PC member will be willing to do it....

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If Transmission said they could work on a patch that not only included the most vital bugs but had new features, new bits of the game engine, etc etc. Would you pay for it?

I'm talking one that would take like 6 months or so. Obviously this would cost money as Transmission have other games to spend developing time on.

I aint into DLC too much myself, think its a rip off. But I feel we are so close to getting a really good cricket game, its just needs a hell of a lot of tweaking

Yes, if it had things like extra stadiums, extra teams, maybe a little polish here and there and most importantly, a custom tournament editor that lets you design any sort of tournament you like.

kenpat

Club Cricketer
Don't worry, we'll all be paying Codemasters for the update, it's called Ashes Cricket 2011.:crying

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not at all.

I would love to see the updates but wont pay for it all.

We all have already paid to buy an original copy of, then why do we need to pay more.

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
If if actually fixed things and improved the game then yes. Hard to see how a patch can actually help much.

from what i hear on this site, games can be changed quite a bit by little tweaks with stats and things?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yeah but we can do that.
I don't have much faith that a patch will fix two of the three main issues - lengths and AI aggression.
If we could edit the AI like EA let us then I'd be more hopeful.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
If Transmission said they could work on a patch that not only included the most vital bugs but had new features, new bits of the game engine, etc etc. Would you pay for it?

I'm talking one that would take like 6 months or so. Obviously this would cost money as Transmission have other games to spend developing time on.

I aint into DLC too much myself, think its a rip off. But I feel we are so close to getting a really good cricket game, its just needs a hell of a lot of tweaking

I wouldn't pay a thing if the update was to fix the inbuilt problems in the game.

But if it were to provide additions to the game such as tournaments (full World Cup, IPL, custom Test series) then I would pay for it, but only if the expansion was significant. Having said that, many of these things should have been in the original game anyway...

Lee1981

International Coach
I,d pay anything right now just to get the game that was promised.
Dont know how much longer i can play this bugged filled excuse of a game

locherbread

School Cricketer
I would perhaps consider paying for more content like adding the teams the dropped from BLI 2007 (I miss Scotland :() or more stadiums etc but certainly wouldn't pay for patches fixing bugs

ronaldo7777

PC Journalism Contest Winner
It's like a waiter bringing you a meal thats undercooked, and then you ask what he'll do about it he replies that it can be rectified only if you pay an extra fee on top of the money that you are already paying for the meal.

I'd pay for an update if I got anything more out of it. But no way would I pay to have the game fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread