Wrestling thread

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Yes, I totally agree. RAW has been pretty good for quite some time now, I'd say since the Rumble.

But, SmackDown, man, SmackDown sucks right now! And we're supposed to be getting AJ-Nakamura from that brand.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Cena vs Taker could be great, but i feel it's gonna be average. It's gonna be like Hogan vs Andre. Not great wrestling, but the biggest names and the most hype.[DOUBLEPOST=1522267558][/DOUBLEPOST]@Na Maloom Afraad

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
@CerealKiller I don't follow anymore so I'm not aware of what's happening. But I've seen both the performers you're mentioning. I personally never rated JC. He was/is a PR robot.. his promos made me cringe although after a while he improved a lot. To a great extent, he was booked miserably.

@SaiSrini Taker's gimmick is the greatest wrestling gimmick of all time. I fell out of WWF/E about ten-fifteen years back but still would tune into Rumbles and Manias just for a few chaps. Most importantly, what we see is a scripted storyline but as a former wrestling buff I know Taker is an out and out company man. IMHO, I've not seen an athlete of his size with the kind of agility he had and not to mention his promos. He would send shivers down adults. THAT was the throw and reach of the great man. Taker and Dwayne for me will always be the GOAT with Steve a close 3rd!

The Kane and Undertaker storyline is just one of the best written storylines ever..

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@CerealKiller I don't follow anymore so I'm not aware of what's happening. But I've seen both the performers you're mentioning. I personally never rated JC. He was/is a PR robot.. his promos made me cringe although after a while he improved a lot. To a great extent, he was booked miserably.

@SaiSrini Taker's gimmick is the greatest wrestling gimmick of all time. I fell out of WWF/E about ten-fifteen years back but still would tune into Rumbles and Manias just for a few chaps. Most importantly, what we see is a scripted storyline but as a former wrestling buff I know Taker is an out and out company man. IMHO, I've not seen an athlete of his size with the kind of agility he had and not to mention his promos. He would send shivers down adults. THAT was the throw and reach of the great man. Taker and Dwayne for me will always be the GOAT with Steve a close 3rd!

The Kane and Undertaker storyline is just one of the best written storylines ever..
Cena can easily put on Match of the Year candidates (for example against Kevin Owens and AJ Styles in the recent past), but his gimmick became stale. In the past three weeks, he's gone a little towards a heel turn though, insulting the Undertaker because he wouldn't answer his challenge for a match at WrestleMania.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Cena can easily put on Match of the Year candidates (for example against Kevin Owens and AJ Styles in the recent past), but his gimmick became stale. In the past three weeks, he's gone a little towards a heel turn though, insulting the Undertaker because he wouldn't answer his challenge for a match at WrestleMania.

I saw a match of Owens with Sami IIRC and boy is he talented.. AJ has been a machine for years, although never seen him in the WWE. In my experience, most MOTY of Cena are attributed to his opponents. He's a good athlete and I don't deny him that but he just never came across to me as the main event level kinds. His promos actually made me cringe. I get though how he would appeal to 6-10 year olds.

If he's turned heel, I might bother to watch this year although I can't remember him as heel ever. If though his basis for hate is that Taker isn't answering his call then that's just hilarious. At this point, Mark has nothing to prove whatsoever. It's another sign of shit booking.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Cena vs Taker could be great, but i feel it's gonna be average. It's gonna be like Hogan vs Andre. Not great wrestling, but the biggest names and the most hype.[DOUBLEPOST=1522267558][/DOUBLEPOST]@Na Maloom Afraad
I think the same. I think the right time to do that match was when Taker's streak was still alive and John Cena was still the "SuperCena". People would've genuinely been on the edge of their seat, assuming that the golden boy's going to beat the streak of this old school guy, who you know, is going out on his back.

X Factor

Panel of Selectors
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the same. I think the right time to do that match was when Taker's streak was still alive and John Cena was still the "SuperCena". People would've genuinely been on the edge of their seat, assuming that the golden boy's going to beat the streak of this old school guy, who you know, is going out on his back.
WWE sucks!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Oh yeah. I stopped following and watching WWF many years back too (probably the moment I grew up to be a young adult :D Because I started knowing that it was all scripted). But I agree that the Taker's scripted story is probably the best written story of all time. We used to go crazy about it in schools and the moment he featured in any of those wrestling bouts, it would spooke us crazy! And he genuinely looked scary with those eyes, the costume and the build. I mean I probably might get scared even today if I see that again.

Personally, I was a fan of 'The Rock' and 'Stone Cold Steve Austin'. I still have very nostalgic memories of the day when The Rock was fighting Triple H (with MacMahon by H's side) and as Rock was losing the battle, Stone Cold made a stunning entry to turn the tables and help Rock win it. Till then, Rock and Stone Cold shared rivalry vibes. That moment was so dope and so stunningly done that I still remember it with fond memories. Those were the days..... :D

I found the video! Here is that game I was talking about (Backlash 2000)

Last edited:

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Oh yeah. I stopped following and watching WWF many years back too (probably the moment I grew up to be a young adult :D Because I started knowing that it was all scripted). But I agree that the Taker's scripted story is probably the best written story of all time. We used to go crazy about it in schools and the moment he featured in any of those wrestling bouts, it would spooke us crazy! And he genuinely looked scary with those eyes, the costume and the build. I mean I probably might get scared even today if I see that again.

Personally, I was a fan of 'The Rock' and 'Stone Cold Steve Austin'. I still have very nostalgic memories of the day when The Rock was fighting Triple H (with MacMahon by H's side) and as Rock was losing the battle, Stone Cold made a stunning entry to turn the tables and help Rock win it. Till then, Rock and Stone Cold shared rivalry vibes. That moment was so dope and so stunningly done that I still remember it with fond memories. Those were the days..... :D

I found the video! Here is that game I was talking about (Backlash 2000)

Woahhh! What memories!

THE greatest rivalry of all time.. Steve vs Dwayne and with Vince ever ready to cut a heel promo like only he could. To add to that, proper wild crowds and a passionate Ross and Lawler to broadcast it.. The Attitude ERA!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

I saw last year's mania in bits and I definitely thought Taker was done, in the match and the story line he portrayed after it with leaving his gear behind. It won't be a bad time to have Taker compete against Cena in his ABA gimmick! That truly is Mark Callaway the person. It would also make sense for the spook gimmick to never be resurrected again. Kane was ruined when I stopped watching and all they need to do now is ruin this great man!

Who the hell won the rumble?

Users who are viewing this thread