XBOX Career mode freez/crash in second season

imran102b

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Still working through this - however on our end we have found that if you reach that first match of the season, then exit out to the main menu to save the career, and then reenter and play the match it has loaded in fine; while if you progress from the end of the previous season directly into the match it may result in this issue.

Again, still working on a better solution, but for those getting the problem, give that a try and let me know.

This is not working, as when you try to exit the game the auto save sign start blinking and it wont do anything.

imran102b

School Cricketer
I think i found a solution to this problem. It looks like if you move from one season to another the dates move forward very quickly and this issue occur, but instead if you go to calendar and and move manually couple of days for example a week by week for example click on every Saturday or any other day of the week till you are in next season this issue does not occur. I have just done that and started first match of the second season which i was not able to do before. Give it a try and feedback here if it works for others which i am sure will.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
This is not working, as when you try to exit the game the auto save sign start blinking and it wont do anything.
Yeah, turned out that was a once off for us - seems like this isn't 100% and that in some cases it will correctly finish the save and let you in.

Ahsoo

School Cricketer
I think i found a solution to this problem. It looks like if you move from one season to another the dates move forward very quickly and this issue occur, but instead if you go to calendar and and move manually couple of days for example a week by week for example click on every Saturday or any other day of the week till you are in next season this issue does not occur. I have just done that and started first match of the second season which i was not able to do before. Give it a try and feedback here if it works for others which i am sure will.
Gonna give this a try and let you know

Ahsoo

School Cricketer

This works for me as well

JonjoSheedy

School Cricketer
Is that just from the initial matches, or did you manage to get back to the point of playing for Guyana again?

Did you download much from the academy?

I got back to playing for Guyana again and it freezes at the same point. Between the end of the first class tournament and start of the t20 tournament.

Simulating one week at a time on the calendar seems to work for a few weeks and then will freeze. Am able to reload and continue from the week where it has froze. I have made it to the game day with three restarts and the match is playable :)
This seems to have done trick. Maybe a temporary fix but a fix none the less.
Sheedy is back!!

Paras Chaudhary

School Cricketer
I have multiple career mode stuck after season 2. As soon as I get into season 3 and try the first game the auto save icon starts and freezes the game.
I tried to manually skip the first game of season 3 using the calender but as soon as the game was skipped the auto save icon appeared at the bottom right and game froze again.

imran102b

School Cricketer
I have multiple career mode stuck after season 2. As soon as I get into season 3 and try the first game the auto save icon starts and freezes the game.
I tried to manually skip the first game of season 3 using the calender but as soon as the game was skipped the auto save icon appeared at the bottom right and game froze again.

Simulating one week at a time on the calendar working fine i am on 3rd game on a row now in 2nd season no issue so far.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
We believe we have identified the source of this issue - can people who are experiencing this issue let me know if they have unlocked the "Run away success" achievement?

The issue is in careers that reach the requirements to unlock that (scoring 5 centuries with your career player), and then advance through a large number of career fixtures all in one go, as happens in the off season between careers. The work around for now is as identified previously in here - progressing in smaller increments in the off season, rather than all the way to the new season in one go.

Otherwise, you can disconnect your console from the internet while in career, which should also bypass the issue.

We're in the process of preparing a patch for this, and will keep you all updated on progress.

Apologies!

Last edited:

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Did you continue the same career mode or did you start fresh? Also are you using the same squad that come with game or have you swapped squads from academy?
yes if you could clarify if you have restarted career after 10gb update, as the already started career crashes at the start of season 2.

I downloaded the 10GB patch, then went back into the same career I was having the "Save-Icon from Hell" problem, but it worked fine first attempt. I have since been continuing that same career with no issues whatsoever.

Edit: @MattW

I did not (and still don't) have that achievement unlocked when I was having the save-icon issue. However the latest patch seems to have fixed the problem for me, but not all others, so maybe multiple causes for the issue?

Last edited:

Paras Chaudhary

School Cricketer
Does anyone know the controls for a wicket keeper? I’m playing career as a Wicket keeper batsmen. No clue how to catch the ball with keeper

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Alright, I've just completed my third season (After the latest patch seemed to fix my auto-save-freeze issue), and upon trying to start the 4th season, I have struck the exact same issue again. Neither the week by week off-season, nor going offline, fix it.

Destroyer29incricket

School Cricketer
This does not work

Users who are viewing this thread