Yorkers Yorkers and more Yorkers!

Heezdad

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was just about to post the same thing. Good to hear that walking down the wicket and slogging may be an option but I presume this is risky.

It would be good if there was some way of limiting the no. of yorkers per over

Cricketiswin

Club Cricketer
Hi mate well cant you charge down the track making it a full toss and sweep them like they did in the t20 worldcup. Can you sweep them fine for a 4 or a six of third man ?

jaynffc

School Cricketer
is there a punishment system for quitters? can you see if the person quits a lot before you start a game with them?

definately cant see if a person quits alot before you start a game ....dunno about wether theres a punishment system for quitting

cricket/2009

School Cricketer
Well im 14, i hope cause of that you dont play online with me.. My psn is zechelseaboy, i will be pretty rubbish online at this game but i wont quit cause the takes the fun away from the game. If it's lagging real bad then i might quit if its lagging so much its unplayable. But i haven't played game yet so i dunno.

adthomp

International Cricketer
ive never played cricket online and this is why i knew it would never word

people just play cheese cheese cheese to win anything they dotn want to play cricket then they should stay away from online

same thing happened with the League game everyone wanted to kick 40-20 all the friggin time

you wont even see someoen bowl a short ball online dont even bother wtih it cricket games arnt ment for online there only for playing the CPU

Last edited:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The thing is that while it's easier to bowl yorkers, it's also a lot easier to advance the paceman off his length than in reality. The massive advantage for you is that pace can't really beat you in flight or turn it around you like a spinner. You can also defend on the charge, which means you shouldn't really be getting boned by good ones.

Like in most games, validity of a tactic depends on how valid the counter is. People whose strategy is 'just do this and this' aren't good gamesmen and will get beaten by anyone who is prepared to deliver multiple counters.

Cricket itself shouldn't be about orthodoxy for its own sake. The reality of it is that some bowl full, some bowl short, some like the off side, some like leg. They can't all succeed simultaneously. The reason there are orthodox methods is because there are sustainable ways of doing things and economical ways to counter them. Even then, the path of least resistance to Phil Hughes is not in any way similar to that of Ricky Ponting. If someone's strategy is not orthodox, you still must be prepared to show them why it should be.

chunnallani

School Cricketer
no need to walk down wicket really, and yorkers wills till get smashed, I look FWD to this tactic....

all endless yorker bowlers, if you want to get smashed by me I am

psn: chunnster

Let me teach you how to play cricket, adapt and game like a f'ing adult :)

Last yorker bowler went for 200+++ and I say, plse sir I want some more :)

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
this person was bowling yorkers to and I still score 230+ in 20 overs....but the twat quite:mad:

gunner_3sp_glow

School Cricketer
ive never played cricket online and this is why i knew it would never word

people just play cheese cheese cheese to win anything they dotn want to play cricket then they should stay away from online

same thing happened with the League game everyone wanted to kick 40-20 all the friggin time

you wont even see someoen bowl a short ball online dont even bother wtih it cricket games arnt ment for online there only for playing the CPU

Come on man, this is the 2000's. Computer games are DEAD if they can't be played online. At least an online game has no AI cheating, you know when the CPU needs a wicket, or goal, and there is nothing you can do to stop it, it's written in the script!!!!)

I bowl short, tactics to induce a catch.

Online is the ONLY way to create a masterpiece now.

PS3 users... check out my tourney..

LINK: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/online-cricket-games/ps3-legends-t20-championship-ps3-58463.html

MyGamerTV

School Cricketer
lofted shot through off side or leg side works great on yorker

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
That's why I'm annoyed with Cricket Revolution for being focused on multiplayer! Chances are, that's all people will do with that as well.

bumba26

School Cricketer
U can't blame them who bowls yorkers. Virtually everyone bowls them. This is because according to Codies, good length means killing the wicket keeper with beamers. :rtfl:clap:clap:D

julianbanjo

School Cricketer
no need to walk down wicket really, and yorkers wills till get smashed, I look FWD to this tactic....

all endless yorker bowlers, if you want to get smashed by me I am

psn: chunnster

Let me teach you how to play cricket, adapt and game like a f'ing adult :)

Last yorker bowler went for 200+++ and I say, plse sir I want some more :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stop moaning FFS! Unless the game is laggy, yorkers are stupidly easy smash all over the pitch.

P

pcfan123

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Stop moaning FFS! Unless the game is laggy, yorkers are stupidly easy smash all over the pitch.

Actually if you read his post, he is not moaning in the least bit.

Users who are viewing this thread