Your Footballing exploits

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well it's never too late to really join a team, I know people in their late twenties that are just joining mens teams. How old are you? Then again, your quite smart iirc and probably doing important studies. If you enjoy it then it's a good hobby to have, as it would keep you fit and is a healthy option opposed to something like trying to become number one in the world at Fifa. ;)

If you do choose to go back to football then I'd go to a team that needs a right sided midfielder or could do with a better one. Playing in your true position is the best part of football, although some times you need to just go with the flow and play in positions you don't like. Depends on the team situation in most cases.
I'm 16, and not really smart, but I'm good at pretending. :p I'd consider it in a year or so, I really would. I quit because of how restricted I was in a team, I had to do everything the manager said, stay in position etc. In the school team I played on the right of midfield and didn't feel afraid to move around. So did it work? See for yourself:

Sunday League team: 0 goals in 100+ games.
School team: 14 goals in 20 games.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's nice, but when did your team win more? Personally, I'd play wherever needed if the team needed me to. Hence me not having a goal for 13 years...

On second thought, Lee might be right. Pah, Screw them all, I'm playing striker next week :p

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Wingers aren't supposed to be prolific goalscorers to be honest and that's kind of unfair comparing being a left back and being on the right side of midfield on goals alone. :p

Find a team where you can get some freedom in your position like in your school team, you're bound to enjoy it more and not be restricted as much. You sound like a decent player in front of goal but don't know anything else about your skills and technical ability so can't decipher on why they put you at left back. Theres no replacement, really, once you have left football. Or so my Dad says.

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
Playing in goals for my school team, missed trials because i was sick and in the interim we reached the Munster QF's, but I think I've shaded it into the team (Fingers crossed) and if we can reach the final I'll be playing in Turners Cross!!!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
After last weeks blood bath of 3 red cards and a 2-2 draw, today we went to one of the hardest areas of Nottingham to face a team called Hyson Green. A team we have played for 5 years or so and have always had great matches. Today was no different as we came from behind not once, not twice, but three times to get a 4-4 draw. We really needed to win if we wanted to seriously challenge for the title, but it was a good result and it will have put a dent in their title chances as well.

Just 3 games left now...

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
The date, venue and time for our Quarter Final was announced. Playing in our home ground Novartis which is in Ringaskiddy (13 Miles from the School) against Douglas Community School, Wednesday Week at 3.00

Got new goalkeeper gloves for the match (Were €85, get them for €35)

sb_dshpnd

School Cricketer
How many people have played in a game where the opposition thrashes you 3-0 in first half, and then you get sub as a striker. This dumb sub goes on to score 3 goals in 10 mins. and your team wins in extra time 4-3. Until now only me I guess! This stuff actually happened and the dumbo striker was me!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
:D

I had a match today where we went from 3-1 down at halftime to draw 4-4.

Coincidentally, we too had a new striker join our side during half time, and he went on to score a penalty and have an assist...

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Just played today with my mates (at an indoor sports hall). We kept changing teams but I'm pretty sure I won :p. I played really well today. :D

Users who are viewing this thread