Your Religion

S

Satan666

A thread opened to learn about other religions, no argumentative stuff please. Just an avenue to spread information on various religious practices you observe in your part of the world!

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
looks like no one wants to talk about religion lol.
Religion is not easy subject especially if you are ignorant about it...like most people now a days.
just don't believe what the media says and if you want to know about a religion then speak to a professional.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Too hot a potato to handle for most people

Guarantee it would degenerate very quickly into an argumentative type discussion........
Yeah that's what I think, Sadly people now a days just point their finger at a religion (Like Islam) and not the person.
I believe all religion are peaceful but sadly some people are just using it for evil.

Reactions: Ohm
D

Deleted member 46200

So what do we talk about what denomination we are... ? Okay I'm an Evangelical Christian...

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
My both parents are Hindu, I considered myself a Hindu till somewhere around sixteen. I've turned atheist ever since I started to realize actual facts.

So wrong place for me to post, eh?[DOUBLEPOST=1504290813][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah that's what I think, Sadly people now a days just point their finger at a religion (Like Islam) and not the person.
I believe all religion are peaceful but sadly some people are just using it for evil.

One of the reasons why I turned an atheist. For better.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'm stuck between atheist and agnostic. Sometimes i even feel religious.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My religion is Hindu. My caste is Brahmin. And I am religious to a good extent for this generation. I believe in few rituals/ dharmas as such. I believe in some of the teachings seen in epics: Ramayana and Mahabharatha and I uphold it highly. And of course Bhagavad Gita. I am very curious to learn about our past and so I dig up things frequently and read them. And Karma is one thing I truly believe in. And I go to temples as it relaxes my mind and a sense of peace and freshness surrounds me.

S

Satan666

My religion is Hindu. My caste is Brahmin. And I am religious to a good extent for this generation. I believe in few rituals/ dharmas as such. I believe in some of the teachings seen in epics: Ramayana and Mahabharatha and I uphold it highly. And of course Bhagavad Gita. I am very curious to learn about our past and so I dig up things frequently and read them. And Karma is one thing I truly believe in. And I go to temples as it relaxes my mind and a sense of peace and freshness surrounds me.

If possible can you expand a bit on the 'Brahmin Caste'? Reason I am asking is because as far as I know the caste system was abolished.[DOUBLEPOST=1504353443][/DOUBLEPOST]
Too hot a potato to handle for most people

Guarantee it would degenerate very quickly into an argumentative type discussion........

I think the forum is pass that now, hence never open one in the past. Lets hope for the best.[DOUBLEPOST=1504353539][/DOUBLEPOST]
So what do we talk about what denomination we are... ? Okay I'm an Evangelical Christian...

How differ from say Anglican/Roman Catholic?

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
I am a firm believer that is an antonym for everything; antimatter for matter, bad for good, cruelty for kindness and that there is someone highly intellectual and way beyond our mental and physical powers which causes inexplicable things. That said, I do not have the name of that superior being. I neither believe in Jesus, Allah or Rama nor do I ever follow any of the customs followed in any of these religion but yeah I do not hurt the feelings of the people who follow their religion and my actions towards a person would be a reflection of how they have treated me. In case of an unknown person, I would most likely to be cool and kind unless they are causing harm to something/someone.

I find it perplexing religion to be honest. There has been numerous instances like I have been friends with someone for months and I do not know the ideology they follow! Only last week at work I offered some food to one of my colleagues and he refused. I asked why and he said because we Jains need to fast during those particular days. That was when I learnt that he was following the Jain ideology. What is even the need to know the religion of a person? If a person treats you good, you treat them better. Simple as that.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
If possible can you expand a bit on the 'Brahmin Caste'? Reason I am asking is because as far as I know the caste system was abolished.[DOUBLEPOST=1504353443][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nope. Not abolished. What are you talking about ? In Hindus there are Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Shudras, Vaishyas. There are lot of branches. In brahmins there sub branches and in that another branch is there. You are probably talking about Caste discrimination in olden days which was abolished.

Users who are viewing this thread