Your thoughts on the best way to play ashes 17

Thieves

Club Captain
Just wondered what other people's preferences are when it comes to difficulty, bowling, batting and fielding cameras etc.

I prefer playing career mode with :
batting camera : batting far.
Bowling camera : fixed close.
Running camera : broadcast 1.
Difficulty : usually batting on medium. Team depends but usually pro difficulty.

I prefer playing all other game modes with:
Batting camera : fixed close and inverted. The rest remains the same for me as per career mode.
I feel fixed close cam provides an experience that people growing up in the 90's playing these games may feel more familiar with. Unfortunately, Co - op couch mode doesn't seem to work for this since the batting gets messed up (the inverted batting settings seem to not work properly and results in a confusing time when batting.
Thanks guys. Please let me know on the setups that you have.

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I use pretty much everything the same as you

Career mode
Batting far
playing as WK, so dont bowl.
Running, broadcast 1
Difficulty, all Hardest with a few sliders adjusted for personal skill level.

Thieves

Club Captain
I use pretty much everything the same as you

Career mode
Batting far
playing as WK, so dont bowl.
Running, broadcast 1
Difficulty, all Hardest with a few sliders adjusted for personal skill level.

Lol thanks. Im still getting used to it so hardest for batting is a definite no no right now. If you don't mind me asking, what scores can u make in a t20 on hardest level?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I like to have an authentic experience, I don't have much time so usually play casually matches or I'll make a series in my head if that makes sense and then play it out in casual.

Classic Controls for Batting/Bowling
Batting Camera: Fixed Close
Bowling Camera: Fixed Close/Far
Fielding Camera: Fielding 1
Fully Assisted Fielding
No kind of ball tracking of any sort, only pitch marker when batting.
WealeyH sliders with pitch marker set to 50
I play on Legend.

The way I play also is to get a good game out of it, so usually I will leave big gaps in my fields so the cpu can score runs, if they thrash me too much I may put some fielders on the offside, usually I have about 3-5 slips + gully/backward point. I normally bowl outside off stump out-swingers with the odd bouncer/cutter/full ball

I've been having a good experience with the game in terms of outcome of matches, some gameplay bugs still bothering me but all in all it's been okay!

Thieves

Club Captain
I like to have an authentic experience, I don't have much time so usually play casually matches or I'll make a series in my head if that makes sense and then play it out in casual.

Classic Controls for Batting/Bowling
Batting Camera: Fixed Close
Bowling Camera: Fixed Close/Far
Fielding Camera: Fielding 1
Fully Assisted Fielding
No kind of ball tracking of any sort, only pitch marker when batting.
WealeyH sliders with pitch marker set to 50
I play on Legend.

The way I play also is to get a good game out of it, so usually I will leave big gaps in my fields so the cpu can score runs, if they thrash me too much I may put some fielders on the offside, usually I have about 3-5 slips + gully/backward point. I normally bowl outside off stump out-swingers with the odd bouncer/cutter/full ball

I've been having a good experience with the game in terms of outcome of matches, some gameplay bugs still bothering me but all in all it's been okay!
Thanks for the reply. It's interesting to c how different people play the game. I guess the customisability options really are great.

I also don't have alot of time so I usually start a t20 championship and just play with my own country.

Do u enjoy bowling that much? I've only bowled a few games. Most of the time I bowl one over and then simulate the rest. It's quite easy to get them out and score low totals most of the time as you said...

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Thanks for the reply. It's interesting to c how different people play the game. I guess the customisability options really are great.

I also don't have alot of time so I usually start a t20 championship and just play with my own country.

Do u enjoy bowling that much? I've only bowled a few games. Most of the time I bowl one over and then simulate the rest. It's quite easy to get them out and score low totals most of the time as you said...

Sometimes I do enjoy bowling, I'm a bit odd in the sense when I play a cricket game I want the most authentic experience so even when the CPU is thrashing me in a test match it's actually enjoyable in a weird way. Bowling has been hit and miss for me, there's a few things I look for in a game when bowling. How many edges I get off the CPU, varied dismissals, plays and misses. In this particular game I've been having very strange things happen for example when I play a test match and I bowl I get 0 edges 1st innings and then 2nd innings I MIGHT get some or I again get 0 and in ODI matches I get a wide variety of edges so I'm very satisfied with the bowling tbh.

Also I had one match where AUS made 551-8dec against me :o in fact I don't win much vs CPU so I am enjoying it, my gripe with the game is weird bugs it has like wrong shot animations coming out etc.

Thieves

Club Captain
Sometimes I do enjoy bowling, I'm a bit odd in the sense when I play a cricket game I want the most authentic experience so even when the CPU is thrashing me in a test match it's actually enjoyable in a weird way. Bowling has been hit and miss for me, there's a few things I look for in a game when bowling. How many edges I get off the CPU, varied dismissals, plays and misses. In this particular game I've been having very strange things happen for example when I play a test match and I bowl I get 0 edges 1st innings and then 2nd innings I MIGHT get some or I again get 0 and in ODI matches I get a wide variety of edges so I'm very satisfied with the bowling tbh.

Also I had one match where AUS made 551-8dec against me :o in fact I don't win much vs CPU so I am enjoying it, my gripe with the game is weird bugs it has like wrong shot animations coming out etc.
Yep we are all aware of the bugs lol. I don't think it's weird that you enjoy the challenge. I remember once I was agains the west indies and had to chase 140 in a t20 but got bowled out for a 100. One of the most enjoyable games I've played.

I still struggle with batting on any other mode besides easiest, Easy and medium. I think there should be a central difficulty between easy and medium. It's because on medium I battle to make maybe 160 in a t20. But on easy I've made 300 lol

Users who are viewing this thread