Zimbabwe Domestic Cricket

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
He has had raw pace since about 2010/2011...He still tends to spray it a bit at times. Id say on average he bowls around 133 or so( except in India when we went there last year, as it slows down quite a bit I found, except with Rabada, he was quick !!)

I should be in the u19 setup again this year. Not playin too much at the moment...just here and there on the weekends.

Glad to hear that he still has good pace! Who are the u19's playing next? :)

Do you mind me asking what your name is? I promise I won't bother you any more than I already have. :p

flake

County Cricketer
Its not a bother bud...Haha dunno if I should share my name just yet. We going to India again I think in Sept/Oct I presume. Team will be vastly different this time round I think !

flake

County Cricketer
He should be picked, but he really needs to up his strike rate. Especially playing the big nations we are more than likely gonna be chasing decent scores.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Wouldn't it've been nice to see Ballance in the middle order for Zimbabwe? Perhaps with de Grandhomme as the all-rounder?

----------

Also, Malcolm Lake looks set to make his first-class debut next year for Oxford MCCU in England.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Wouldn't it've been nice to see Ballance in the middle order for Zimbabwe? Perhaps with de Grandhomme as the all-rounder?

Yep, it's been said time and time again that Zimbabwe would have a decent side if it wasn't for their financial troubles.

Also, Malcolm Lake looks set to make his first-class debut next year for Oxford MCCU in England.

Good luck to him, you can't really blame these young players for seeking an opportunity abroad.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think this table is really quite telling about the state of Zimbabwean cricket at the moment.

Of those who've played two or more Tests since re-admission, six Zimbabweans have bowling averages under thirty, and against some decent sides, too. It's the batting that's been a bit more of a problem, with only Brendan Taylor (54.76) and Tino Mawoyo (30.26) really standing up to be counted. Presumably, Sikandar Raza might join that list at some point, while Hamilton Masakadza has two tons but lots of failures. Given that the incumbent batsmen are the top five Logan Cup run-scorers, and the next two were in the squad but missing through injury, I suppose there's not a great deal more to do about it than to show faith in the current crop.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
I've read that the new season is due to start on 9th November.

9 FC matches, 9 List A matches and also a T20 tournament. Of course none of this is confirmed yet.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
zimfan1 posted this over at ZCF.

Tuskers relishing new challenge
October 9th, 2014

AIMING HIGH:
Local cricket franchise Matabeleland Tuskers have set their sights on domestic dominance

BUKHOSI MANGENA -

Veteran cricket administrator and current Matabeleland Tuskers boss Stanley Staddon is tipping his side to win all the trophies on offer when the new franchise cricket season begins on November 8.

The Bulawayo-based franchise finished third in last season’s Logan Cup and were placed fourth in the Pro50 Challenge, and Staddon is optimistic of success this time round despite chances that they will be missing their coach Wayne James, who is also involved in ZC’s High Perfomance programme. The Tuskers boss said they were seeking to repeat their yesteryear dominance which saw them clinch the Logan Cup four years in a row and would be boosting their squad with Craig Ervine set to boost their top order.

“The coach situation will not affect us too much because I am sure he (James) will manage the two roles, but if he cannot, we will move on and get someone new and we already have that person in mind,” said Staddon.

“We will be playing to win every trophy that will be on offer this time around, since we would have bolstered our squad with new additions.

“Last year we had a young squad, but we want to get four new players, including a wicketkeeper-cum-batsman who will add more edge to our batting.”

The Tuskers, who boast national team players such as Sean Williams, John Nyumbu and Brian Chari in their ranks, will be up against three rival franchises, namely Mashonaland Eagles, MidWest Rhinos and Mountaineers in three competitions, the

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Can't wait for this to start as well as the Bang/Zim series :)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
2014/15 season starts this Sunday with two Pro50 matches :)

Eagles v Rhinos
Tuskers v Mountaineers

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Yeah me too :)

So many new players to keep tabs on. Jarvis, Burl, Lamb etc...

Users who are viewing this thread