Zimbabwe tour of West Indies 2013

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
West Indies v Zimbabwe | Cricket news, live scores, fixtures, features and statistics on ESPN Cricinfo

Fixtures:

Wed Feb 20 - University of West Indies Vice Chancellor's XI v Zimbabweans @ (Grenada) Venue TBC

Fri Feb 22 - 1st ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe @ National Cricket Stadium, St George's, Grenada

Sun Feb 24 - 2nd ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe @ National Cricket Stadium, St George's, Grenada

Tue Feb 26 - 3rd ODI - West Indies v Zimbabwe @ National Cricket Stadium, St George's, Grenada

Sat Mar 2 - 1st T20I - West Indies v Zimbabwe @ Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Sun Mar 3 - 2nd T20I - West Indies v Zimbabwe @ Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Thu Mar 7 - Sat Mar 9 - TBC v Zimbabweans @ Three Ws Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Tue Mar 12 - Sat Mar 16 - 1st Test - West Indies v Zimbabwe @ Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Wed Mar 20 - Sun Mar 24 - 2nd Test - West Indies v Zimbabwe @ Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica

Zimbabwe One Day & T20I Squad:

Brendan Taylor :c: :wk:
Regis Chakabva :wk:
Tendai Chatara
Chamu Chibhabha
Craig Ervine
Kyle Jarvis
Hamilton Masakadza
Tino Mawoyo
Keegan Meth
Chris Mpofu
Natsai M'shangwe
Tinotenda Mutombodzi
Vusi Sibanda
Prosper Utseya
Malcolm Waller

Zimbabwe Test Squad:

Brendan Taylor :c:
Tino Mawoyo
Vusi Sibanda
Hamilton Masakadza
Regis Chakabva :wk:
Malcolm Waller
Kyle Jarvis
Keegan Meth
Tendai Chatara
Chris Mpofu
Prosper Utseya
Sean Williams
Timycen Maruma
Ray Price
Graeme Cremer

----------

I don't have high hopes for this tour, even though West Indies have struggled at times in their last two away tours. I think West Indies will play a lot better at home - against a team that played little International cricket last year. I have higher hopes for Zimbabwe's series against Bangladesh back at home after this tour.

I'm pleased that we've finally got a series with more than one test match, and I think it will help us that it's at the end of the tour, when we should be acclimatised to the conditions.

They've selected players that they think are better suited to either format this time. They are obviously testing some of the young spinners during the shorter format matches, Price is getting towards the end of his career so they need to plan for the future.

Will mainly just be following how certain players go:

- Regis Chakabva (I think he could be a very good keeper batsmen in test cricket, now that Taibu has gone)
- Sean Williams (Will be interested to see if an extended absence from the game will effect him, becuase he's a very talented player)
- Graeme Cremer (When Price retires, a lot will be expected from him)
- Finally Tino Mawoyo (Hope he continues to do well in test cricket, now that he's back with Sibanda, who he's had success with in the past. Also how he does in ODI cricket; He's only played one match in recent times and he was run out)

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
West Indies TEAM
1st ODI

Dwayne Bravo (capt)
Tino Best
Darren Bravo
Johnson Charles
Narsingh Deonarine
Sunil Narine
Veerasammy Permaul
Kieron Pollard
Kieran Powell
Denesh Ramdin (wk)
Kemar Roach
Andre Russell
Ramnaresh Sarwan

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Tour match starts today! :D

----------

Most likely won't be as excited during the match, :p but it's great that they are finally playing some international cricket again. :)

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
RESULT: ZIM won by 77 runs runs. ZIM 346/7 in 50. VC XI 269 all out in 48.4 overs.

Zimbabwe have won the tour match. It was against a pretty weak side, but a wins a win. :)

----------

Will try and find a scorecard. :)

Last edited:

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I am happy that finally ZIMBABWE are going to play international cricket after 4 or 5 months am i right Benjamin

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
I am happy that finally ZIMBABWE are going to play international cricket after 4 or 5 months am i right Benjamin

Yeap, haven't played since the T20 World Cup, but they didn't last long in that tournament. Their last official tour was New Zealand, at the start of last year. :)

----------

We're getting flogged again. :( Looks like the tail is putting-up a fight, even with the game completely lost. :) Good to see Waller score a half century & Craig spend some time at the crease. Both haven't been in that great a form lately. :)

----------

Looks like our bowling was pretty ordinary. Missing Shingi Masakadza's death bowling, can't believe he wasn't picked for this tour. :/

troll3y

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Sri Lanka
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What do you make of Elton Chigumbura's absence from the squad? It seems strange not seeing his name amongst the others.

And as small a victory as it was for Zimbabwe to at least bat out the 50 overs, it's disappointing that they didn't at least exceed 200, especially with Prosper Utseya batting like he was trying to save a Test match.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
What do you make of Elton Chigumbura's absence from the squad? It seems strange not seeing his name amongst the others.

And as small a victory as it was for Zimbabwe to at least bat out the 50 overs, it's disappointing that they didn't at least exceed 200, especially with Prosper Utseya batting like he was trying to save a Test match.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they were told just to play out the overs, towards the end of the match. Although Mushangwe hit a six, and was proactive. :D

Elton was viewed as out-of-form, the problem is he went over to the BPL, and was brilliant! So should of been included; Given his performances. He should be re-called for the Bangladesh series. :)

----------

There was a big emphasis on picking players that were doing well in the local franchise system. Elton was one of the players viewed as not performing well enough. :(

ranker13

School Cricketer
Great stuff from WI today..superb knock from Charles scoring, a back to back century. 7th West Indian to do so..Zim looked lost really..it was like they had no game plan

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
What a blunder by Zimbabwe

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Much better effort from Zimbabwe! :D Craig Ervine is great on dry pitches for some reason, didn't realise he was so good at the sweep shot; Struggles on most other pitches. Great to see Sibanda & Hamilton doing well. :)

Pleased to see Chatara selected, even though he struggled. It will be good for him to get experience, hope he gets an extended run. :)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Zimbabwe were unlucky in my opinion, i think that run out of Sarwan would probably have changed the outcome of the match, not too sure what the umpire was thinking when deciding not to go upstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread