Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Is there a chance for Bangladesh to achieve its first test win against Zimbabwe?

• Yes

Votes: 18 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rangeela

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Schedule

Fri 7-11 Jan 1st Test MA Aziz Stadium, Chittagong
Fri 14-18 Jan 2nd Test Dhaka (BNS)
Fri 20 Jan 1st ODI Dhaka (BNS)
Sun 24 Jan 2nd ODI MA Aziz Stadium, Chittagong
Thu 26 Jan 3rd ODI MA Aziz Stadium, Chittagong
Fri 29 Jan 4th ODI Dhaka (BNS)
Mon 31 Jan 5th ODI Dhaka (BNS)

Zimbabwe Squad

*+T Taibu
E Chigumbura
AG Cremer
T Duffin
DD Ebrahim
DT Hondo
H Masakadza
S Matsikenyeri
C Mpofu
T Mupariwa
ML Nkala
T Panyangara
BG Rogers
P Utseya
MA Vermeulen

1st Test - Vbookie Event : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8250

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
looking at the way bangladesh played against INDIA i think that they will be able to put up a goood fight in this series.. who knows maybe they win this one.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
well they sure can .remember they drew a test in the west indies though they lost the series .
it was an exceptional performance.
and looking atthe way they played india,i feel that bangla may just achieve their win against india in dec 20005

gold639

International Coach
Ha this should be a good series.Two evenly matched sides.I go for a Bangladesh win.But I wont bet on it though.It will be a close series.The ICC should have more tours like this with evenly matched sides.Maybe a Triangular between Zimbabwe,Bangladesh and Kenya.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
gold639 said:
It will be a close series.The ICC should have more tours like this with evenly matched sides.Maybe a Triangular between Zimbabwe,Bangladesh and Kenya.

At the moment, Kenya are nowhere near as good as Zimbabwe or Bangladesh.

gold639

International Coach
You never know.They reached the semi-finals of the World Cup in 2003.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
iceman_waugh said:
well they sure can .remember they drew a test in the west indies though they lost the series .
it was an exceptional performance.
and looking atthe way they played india,i feel that bangla may just achieve their win against india in dec 20005
20005 is a long way away.......focus on 2005 for now......

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
gold639 said:
You never know.They reached the semi-finals of the World Cup in 2003.

And since then they have lost nearly all of that team, and have lost nearly every match. They couldn't even get to the final of the Intercontinental Cup, so they're not even the best associate member anymore.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I think Bangla has a good chance but the way Zimbabwe played against England shows there is hope and there will be a close contest. Bangla might win thier first test, but Zimbabwe might draw one and might win an ODI to start the year with. Anyway their yearly assesment on thier performances might include a test win for either one of them or possibly both. But i do think thier should be a Tri-Series between Bangla, Zim. and Kenya cause even tho Kenya may lose it might be some good experience, like domestic cricket........

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
andrew_nixon said:
Kenya shouldn't be involved in any such tri-series. They are nowhere near the top of the non-test teams.
So what? They were pretty good before Odumbe was banned and rest of them went on strike. The younger Kenya is in the same situation as young Zim. was, with players who have less experience. Series like this can give them some experience in Intl. cricket, better than waiting till the 2007 World Cup to get a sight of International cricket. And if u want them to be at the top of the table for Non-test nations, they need exposure, an lot of it.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
The thing is, even with Odumbe and the striking players they were still poor.

Since the World Cup.....

They lost a series with Sri Lanka A 5-0.

They couldn't win a game playing in the West Indies domestic competition.

They struggled against Pakistan A and India A.

They lost to Zimbabwe in an ICC Champions Trophy warm up game.

All this before the players went on strike, with only the last coming after Odumbe was banned.

Whereas since the World Cup.....

Ireland have beaten Zimbabwe and the West Indies

Scotland nearly beat India, and beat Bangladesh, were easily on top in a drawn 3 day game with Kenya, and won the ICC Intercontinental Cup.

USA beat Zimbabwe.

Canada reached the final of the Intercontinental Cup.

Still think Kenya deserve to be on the same level as Zimbabwe and Bangladesh?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Kenya having more exposure, but all these other teams deserve exposure too, and they deserve it more than Kenya, as they actually show some promise.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Maybe ICC should make a minnow world cup???? All minnows(non-test playing nations) could have thier own world cup, to see who plays in the real world cup.

Users who are viewing this thread