Zimbabwe's tour of Pakistan - May 2015

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Yes i do, what I'm querying is the suggestion that SL when they toured in 2009 that they didn't have presidential level security. I seem to remember that they did, but the terrorist still were able to infiltrate.

What might be more accurate to say is that they might be taking "Presidential level security" up to another level for this series, when you see pictures like this:

213507.jpg
According to a private news channel here. This security is not going to be as pathetic as the one for Sri Lanka. They said, that 6,000 policemen are going to take care of the duties. 3,000 will be inside the stadium, 3,000 will be outside the stadium. 60 vans full of police officers will take the Zimbabwean team in and out of the stadium. 15-Men with snipers will be placed on the higher points near the stadium, both with real bullets and some other bullets with some sort of medicines at their tip that can make any suspected person unconscious.

Reactions: War

Santander

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They said, that 6,000 policemen are going to take care of the duties. 3,000 will be inside the stadium, 3,000 will be outside the stadium. 60 vans full of police officers will take the Zimbabwean team in and out of the stadium.
Literally enough armed men to occupy a city. :D

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Having so many police makes me worried about the ability for the security services to be confident in all of their backgrounds and to make sure that there's no one in the thousands of police that could be a threat.

I hope that is totally unfounded - cricket needs to return to Pakistan and start the long road back to things being vaguely normal again. But I worry that trying to give the appearance of security with massive numbers could end up making it less secure.

War

Chairman of Selectors
According to a private news channel here. This security is not going to be as pathetic as the one for Sri Lanka. They said, that 6,000 policemen are going to take care of the duties. 3,000 will be inside the stadium, 3,000 will be outside the stadium. 60 vans full of police officers will take the Zimbabwean team in and out of the stadium. 15-Men with snipers will be placed on the higher points near the stadium, both with real bullets and some other bullets with some sort of medicines at their tip that can make any suspected person unconscious.

Nice, that's gangster. Terrorist will have to be real suicidal if they want to try and infiltrate that ha.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Having so many police makes me worried about the ability for the security services to be confident in all of their backgrounds and to make sure that there's no one in the thousands of police that could be a threat.

I hope that is totally unfounded - cricket needs to return to Pakistan and start the long road back to things being vaguely normal again. But I worry that trying to give the appearance of security with massive numbers could end up making it less secure.

Indeed lets hope its unfounded, a potential inside job from the security to harm the ZIMs would be unthinkable.

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Extremely excited for today's match :)

Morale inside the Zimbabwe camp is very high, I can almost sense an upset on the cards. Babwe! :zim:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
"Six years. A small speck in the history of cricket. But ask those who have been deprived of queueing outside the stadiums, of cheering out loud the moment they caught glimpse of their cricketing superheroes, of going manic in the stands as they saw Umar Akmal's shot fly towards them, of all the dancing as their fast bowler sent a stump cartwheeling, of feeling anxious every time Misbah blocked, of the banter with the security guards, of missing the careers of a generation of young cricketers, of being appreciative yet grimacing at an opposition batsman hitting your leading spinner for a six, of running for that ice-cream but missing an Afridi celebration. For all those who complain about the glut of cricket, for a moment think of the plight of a Pakistani fan. Lahore, despite the excessive security, is a city of joy and it gives me great pleasure to say that we are live." Cricinfo's commentator

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
It really was a great game to watch although Zimbabwe's bowling for the majority was pretty awful. Glad to see Cremer back, he'll get better the more he plays. Oh and Coventry looked in seriously good nick before he was wrongly given out but hey these things happen.

Bring on the next one! :cheers

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Another close and entertaining match, we should have won though :noway

Great to hear the Pakistan fans cheering "Zim Zim Zimbabwe!" :)

Users who are viewing this thread