Mar 25 - South Africa v New Zealand (Quarter-Final 3)

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've defended SA before about the choke tag, but it's becoming increasingly hard to so. Ever since that Oram blinder, they literally put the pressure on themselves with ridiculous shots and atrocius running.

But give credit due where credit's due - NZ fought back superbly.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka or India have a great chance of winning this world cup now. Since SA really where the team with the best balance capable of winning this cup - but damn WHAT A CHOKE!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it would be interesting if England won. This NZ team are the sort that england should dread. workman like, give as little as they can away, focused to the end. What a great display of determination.

saffers, well, embarrassed for them really, if they want a positive well, they might get their own back in the rugby world cup when they play their choking rivals, the NZ rugby team.

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
I sometimes wonder about this choking tendency of SA. The players have changed from 92 to 2011 yet the habit remains same. I wonder if it is due to the fact that the players themselves, in the back of their minds, went into the match wondering, "oh, if we lose it, the chokers tag will remain stuck with us". I mean they are just humans.. How is it that SA lose in knockout games despite having a strong team? I read that they even hired some mental conditioning coach to rid themselves of this habit of crumbling under pressure.

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
I was just going through this thread and seeing the amount of choke comments, i well...almost choked. (sigh, please find some synonyms..or invent a choke smiley :) )

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
----------

[/COLOR]

Dude, such an egotist post. They thrashed your team, just beat the WC juggernaut SA, and if they win their semi, how can you say that the other team will have an easy final?

Hahaha I was expecting such response. I am posting with my observation and previous experience with Newzeland. Thrasing my team isn't a big deal because my team is quite unpredictable as the keeper drop catches of Most Important Batsmen.

They have defeated South Africa, In my mind It was expected as South Africa always tremble when they have low scores ahead of them just like they trembled against England while chasing a low score. SA are at their best when they are chasing up big totals like they did with the Indian team.

I remember the last Champions Trophy when Newzeland beated Pakistan in the Semi-Final and fell easily against Aussies in the Final later.

Newzeland don't have reliable batsmen, their bowling is not super strong. They can win the WC I mean who Knows??? But thats like 1 times out of 1000 or you can say Once in a blue moon. Lets see how they goes in the semi-final

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Hmm.. it is true that NZ don't look a very strong side on paper, but they always punch above their weight.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Sri Lanka or India have a great chance of winning this world cup now. Since SA really where the team with the best balance capable of winning this cup - but damn WHAT A CHOKE!

i thought you said they would not choke this time :lol

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Johnny

The win makes the Kiwis the first team to reach the semi's a max of 6 times, without ever winning it. If they win in the semi's, then John Wright becomes the first coach to have taken two separate teams to the World Cup Finals.

Johnny's a good man.
Highly reccommend his book "John Wrights indian summers".

----------

If it's SL vs NZ semi then SL are definitely going to the final and face India (Pakistan can never beat India especially in a WC match) and considering SL's recent form playing in India they have no chance of beating India in Mumbai so atm it looks like India are easily going to take the trophy.

Please email me your address. I want to mail you a check for wishing India well. :cheers

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Well didn't expect this. Went to bed last night and expected headlines telling tales of a Kiwi exit. But instead I see words like upset, stunning and the inevitable flood of that word. Great job guys. Is it too much to ask for two more wins?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
1 more is fine but not 2 more as it's India's CUP :D

stefan

International Coach
Same old same old. Bowlers did well, batsmen can't handle pressure. Total lack of bmt on display yet again.:mad

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Feel sorry for all SAF fans who think atleast this time the team wont repeat the choking mistake.

But everytime disappointed.

Anyways, Proteans are a champion team and now with Smith out of captaincy its going to be difficult for Botha!! Great talent but choking is not what they deserve

Users who are viewing this thread