Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
The lack of pre-release academy and free academy on steam sums up this game as a cheap money grab. Console users got to buy the game again just to import logos /play face. No chance.

Everything has been thrown into “accessibility” for the bash em thrash em nonces.

That IGN video where they talk about all cricket being 5-5 soon and wishing it were so was instructive. In the same way as The Hundred is a cricket tournament for people who hate cricket, this is a cricket game for people who hate cricket games.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah I’ll say what I want.

This game is the worst of any they’ve released at day 1 since DBC14 (which was also poor at release).

I haven’t watched that whole IGN video but appreciate what you’re saying (Concerns) about all cricket being Five5 as well your point re: The Hundred.

I’ve enjoyed watching highlights from Abu Dhabi T10 recently but it’s still Tests that I really want to immerse myself in in this game. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

Re: The Academy, I’ve enjoyed the kit creation options. Now onto players…

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
my positive comment was before downloading a huge update that removed forward defensive. (even before it was a little difficult to get the
batsman to do a defensive shot). Guess i'll wait or try bowling.

Imperious Red

Club Cricketer
All issues aside, crappy fielding, crashing in menus, poor running and all that other stuff. I still can’t get over the player models they have seemed to regressed, they are all like stick figures. Have you seen Rahkeem Cornwall in this? lad is doing great, lost a ton of weight he must weigh like 165 now. He looked much better in 19 after the last update. This for me is the biggest issue. At least we can advance down the pitch now yay I guess

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thoughts so far

• Had no issue playing front foot defence against spin or pace, just need to get the timing and general direction right.
  • Barebones game until the academy creations are in full swing. Realistically only games I will play are Ashes and Big Bash with the way the likeness and teams are at this stage.
  • Some of the Windies players are really good, some are horrible. Most of NZ's are horrible.
  • Grounds look fantastic, graphics for me on the series X are crisp. It just takes a little bit to get used to the player models compared to the previous game.
  • Running seems to be sluggish especially when playing off the backfoot.
  • The running issue if anything has made the game more realistic for me personally, you could always hit to cover and run almost every time on 19, at least this makes you hold off on just hit and run.
  • Shots look beautiful on this, had some cracking cover drives and punches through point that have gone in different areas each time. The gripe I had with 19 was the shots went in the same direction every time.
  • I had the AI caught at square leg on the ring off a flick, Short mid wicket off a top edge pull shot, deep fine leg off pull shot and the AI took a screamer at point against me.
  • Issues with grass texture, grass going through the coin at the toss.
  • Academy is down for me, it crashes every time I search for players.
  • Created my own side and my own players, not much variety in the ability to change the look of a player via Xbox version.
  • Half of the stuff on academy is blank such as tattoos, facial shapes etc it shows up on the player but not the icon to select
  • Body shape doesn't change on academy
  • Shoe colour doesn't change on academy
  • New attributes on created players looks good but interested to see whether it effects the playing style in game.
  • New bats look very good

Overall it has the potential to be the best game they have put out, once they patch a few things over the next few weeks it will iron out the bugs and like other releases we heavily rely on the awesome people who do magic on the creation side of thing. Once the "real" teams and players are done this game will be much better. Hope they bring back the tour mode it was my most used by far. I have no interest in online comp or career mode.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
On the likeness front, why aren't BAS able to use and interpret the great playfaces the community made for the licensed teams like they did towards the end of C19?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In case no one has answered this, yes you can set a custom difficulty in a Play Now match.
In Settings/Difficulty, there is a line at the top that says Manage Custom Difficulties. Select that, then New, and set up your desired difficulty.

Thank you so much! Looks like I'm losing my eyesight as well along with reflexes :)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Guys can someone tell me what camera angle the very first ball of this video is?

Its defo not broadcast 1 or 2, I'm trying to tag the guy here but ofc the one time I want to ask him something his name decides not to show up

@AnmolJ

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 193590

Thoughts so far

• Had no issue playing front foot defence against spin or pace, just need to get the timing and general direction right.
  • Barebones game until the academy creations are in full swing. Realistically only games I will play are Ashes and Big Bash with the way the likeness and teams are at this stage.
  • Some of the Windies players are really good, some are horrible. Most of NZ's are horrible.
  • Grounds look fantastic, graphics for me on the series X are crisp. It just takes a little bit to get used to the player models compared to the previous game.
  • Running seems to be sluggish especially when playing off the backfoot.
  • The running issue if anything has made the game more realistic for me personally, you could always hit to cover and run almost every time on 19, at least this makes you hold off on just hit and run.
  • Shots look beautiful on this, had some cracking cover drives and punches through point that have gone in different areas each time. The gripe I had with 19 was the shots went in the same direction every time.
  • I had the AI caught at square leg on the ring off a flick, Short mid wicket off a top edge pull shot, deep fine leg off pull shot and the AI took a screamer at point against me.
  • Issues with grass texture, grass going through the coin at the toss.
  • Academy is down for me, it crashes every time I search for players.
  • Created my own side and my own players, not much variety in the ability to change the look of a player via Xbox version.
  • Half of the stuff on academy is blank such as tattoos, facial shapes etc it shows up on the player but not the icon to select
  • Body shape doesn't change on academy
  • Shoe colour doesn't change on academy
  • New attributes on created players looks good but interested to see whether it effects the playing style in game.
  • New bats look very good

Overall it has the potential to be the best game they have put out, once they patch a few things over the next few weeks it will iron out the bugs and like other releases we heavily rely on the awesome people who do magic on the creation side of thing. Once the "real" teams and players are done this game will be much better. Hope they bring back the tour mode it was my most used by far. I have no interest in online comp or career mode.
To change body shapes and head shapes,you have to click on them and then push the left stick in,to bring up the options,it's a bit tricky to find in this game,just like setting custom match difficulty.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
To change body shapes and head shapes,you have to click on them and then push the left stick in,to bring up the options,it's a bit tricky to find in this game,just like setting custom match difficulty.

On my version of series X all the body shapes, nose, eyes etc are all a blank square on the icon part.
I will try the button push in as you say and see what happens. Cheers!!

hadz2567

Club Captain
A small observation- the bowler and WK do not back up when ball is thrown back at the stumps which then results in overthrows.

Also, no thermal vision to check for nicks :(

D

Deleted member 193590

On my version of series X all the body shapes, nose, eyes etc are all a blank square on the icon part.
I will try the button push in as you say and see what happens. Cheers!!
I'm on Series S so it should be the same,press A on nose etc,then at the bottom you should see,left stick for advanced options.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Guys can someone tell me what camera angle the very first ball of this video is?

Its defo not broadcast 1 or 2, I'm trying to tag the guy here but ofc the one time I want to ask him something his name decides not to show up

@AnmolJ
Its broadcast 1.
If you want full broadcast experience select broadcast1 for batting and bowling.
Broadcast3 for running

Note that some grounds like sydney the view will be bit far and in some other grounds its little closer.

You can test it by selecting sydney ground

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I am absolutely loving the kits that I’ve created. There’s just a little more choice and variety with design/font etc. Choosing a colour (The same colour) is much easier now.

Players look good in Creator and white screen is so much clearer. Just hope that game gets enhanced to standard we all want and will be worth effort/good game.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@Amnol
Its broadcast 1.
If you want full broadcast experience select broadcast1 for batting and bowling.
Broadcast3 for running

Note that some grounds like sydney the view will be bit far and in some other grounds its little closer.

You can test it by selecting sydney ground
Yeah I am using Broadcast 1 and Running 3. I did not know it is dependent on the stadium, I've only played in Kingston Jamaica stadium and in that one the camera starts with it zoomed in on the bowler. But when medium pacer comes it is full zoomed out?

Users who are viewing this thread