Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Judging by the patch notes, apparently the fielding is supposed to be improved in the ball pickup area, which I'm assuming relates to less stupid slides over the boundary and less stepping backwards over the line whilst about to throw the ball back in. Has this improved?
Played a few games and haven't noticed that slide across the boundary yet. Bowlers still bowl slow though. That one is annoying af.

smth77

School Cricketer
1639398421712.png
I have had tickets lined up btw so I just tweeted it on his Twitter post just to let everyone know how broken the games get after patches and it's like almost 10 patches in and the fielding is still not fixed. Calling out the game for what it is and got blocked. Regretfully I bought this game for myself and my friend from this guy's company who has no clue what they are doing.

johanna

School Cricketer
Today's steam update has rolled out !!

Wasn't the PS4 patch to be out at the same time as Steam? I do not see any patch on the console, checking for updates says it is on the latest version and the in-game credits show no change in version number.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
View attachment 259354
I have had tickets lined up btw so I just tweeted it on his Twitter post just to let everyone know how broken the games get after patches and it's like almost 10 patches in and the fielding is still not fixed. Calling out the game for what it is and got blocked. Regretfully I bought this game for myself and my friend from this guy's company who has no clue what they are doing.

As a community do we need to keep badgering Ross every hour of every day?? He’s doing a great job and doesn’t deserve or need people constantly tweeting him on issues he is aware of, as he said they are working through one issue at a time. Constant negativity won’t help, perhaps find something better to do, or just report bugs to the actual place rather than Ross..

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Wasn't the PS4 patch to be out at the same time as Steam? I do not see any patch on the console, checking for updates says it is on the latest version and the in-game credits show no change in version number.
He said it'll take few hours to get thru though.
View attachment 259354
Agreed. The game is broken. But you have tickets created and prolly people are working on it? What's the point of tweeting it anyway? Maybe we'll have to stop tweeting things and do something better to help BAS fix the game, which is reporting the issues thru a forum that we have created or the support web page they have dedicated to fix things. I'm frustrated like anyone here but tweeting the same thing again doesn't give them any sort of help they need from us. So calm down and wait :)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
As a community do we need to keep badgering Ross every hour of every day?? He’s doing a great job and doesn’t deserve or need people constantly tweeting him on issues he is aware of, as he said they are working through one issue at a time. Constant negativity won’t help, perhaps find something better to do, or just report bugs to the actual place rather than Ross..

Best bit is he has continuously told people we’re to direct the issues so his team can get on it..

Just kids… well.. I hope it’s kids haha

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Steam Users, any improvements in today's update?TIA
Fielders are somewhat more competent. Still some quirks but there are improvements. As mentioned above, I haven't seen sliding across boundary with ball. I've noticed more pat backs near the boundary to prevent a six. Throws are still a bit limp in terms of power. Its a small win but that patch on Friday has made this one a step gained after three steps back.

D

Deleted member 185125

Fielders are somewhat more competent. Still some quirks but there are improvements. As mentioned above, I haven't seen sliding across boundary with ball. I've noticed more pat backs near the boundary to prevent a six. Throws are still a bit limp in terms of power. Its a small win but that patch on Friday has made this one a step gained after three steps back.
Is the academy issue fixed?
Post automatically merged:

Is the PS4 patch out?

smth77

School Cricketer
Like I said the tickets are lined up. After the 10th patch still hasn't gotten it right. What does that tell you? And first of all they don't need a ticket or any info about how shit the fielding is. It's an exact ditto copy of what cricket 19 was. Maybe they added a couple of things but it's essentially the same with overthrows, reverse catches Inhuman reflex. Inhuman judgment of the ball. Gotta call it for what it is. 45 dollar games too. like it went from 15 to 45. Almost feels like a downgrade. Why are they fixing the fielding now? Did they think copy and pasting would be fine? Can someone explain that to me and I'll admit it that I was harsh on him.

smth77

School Cricketer
Best bit is he has continuously told people we’re to direct the issues so his team can get on it..

Just kids… well.. I hope it’s kids haha
I have already done it my mister whoever you are. I posted it on his Twitter to see if anyone else had the issue and to make sure people saw it. If he can't handle his game being shit. What does that tell you?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Is the academy issue fixed?
Post automatically merged:

Is the PS4 patch out?
I'm not touching the academy with a twenty foot pole at the moment. Last time I tried it out I had to do a hard reset of my pc.

Last edited:

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
I have already done it my mister whoever you are. I posted it on his Twitter to see if anyone else had the issue and to make sure people saw it. If he can't handle his game being shit. What does that tell you?
I think they have no excuse this is not their first game .They have made DBC 14,17,ashes cricket, cricket 19.The series has not seen major improvements,There is no competition so they can easily milk the fans.They are making cricket games for profit not fanservice .So they should be held accountable for the farce . Nobody is saying they can match EA Level Presentation or animations but Basic gameplay issues and bugs which carry over from DBC 17 are not acceptable

Users who are viewing this thread