General Cricket Discussion

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Moments before disaster:
I'd still stick to the above. Winning a series vs India (experimental & B/C side) doesn't mean anything. Do their performances really shape up vs full strength teams? Not being a sore loser here, but everyone knows the mockery that Indian cricket has been, in the last few years. Given our performances, there's every reason for the Indian fan to believe a 2-1 scoreline vs Ireland as well.

Let's talk more when WI beat England or Australia -and I'm talking of a full strength one, not an experimental XI.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd still stick to the above. Winning a series vs India (experimental & B/C side) doesn't mean anything. Do their performances really shape up vs full strength teams? Not being a sore loser here, but everyone knows the mockery that Indian cricket has been, in the last few years. Given our performances, there's every reason for the Indian fan to believe a 2-1 scoreline vs Ireland as well.

Let's talk more when WI beat England or Australia -and I'm talking of a full strength one, not an experimental XI.

Ah yes, the great disaster that is the Indian side.

To answer the question they did win against England a couple of years ago but I’m sure you’ll mark it down as an experimental side when it wasn’t the case.

B

Bigby Wolf

Agreed they are shite and will be shite always.

Bevab

Staff Member
Cricinfo using Wasim Jaffer to talk about West Indian cricket and it’s issues is a peak ‘mansplaining’ moment.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I am actually fascinated by how many people are obsessed outside of India and waiting for them to fail. As if BCCI's bully is the Player's fault. Yes few people have said few things that you do not agree to but the amount of people making fun of Indian Cricket losing first ever bilateral series loss against West Indies in 17 tweaking years.

Make fun of the people you want, winning a meaningless bi-lateral against a horrific India is not going to change West Indies fate. Almost did not qualify for T20 last year, did not qualify for ODI WC, 8th out of 9 in both the Test Tournaments... its not as if oh we do so well let us troll others! Just hilarous!

Bevab

Staff Member
I am actually fascinated by how many people are obsessed outside of India and waiting for them to fail. As if BCCI's bully is the Player's fault. Yes few people have said few things that you do not agree to but the amount of people making fun of Indian Cricket losing first ever bilateral series loss against West Indies in 17 tweaking years.

Make fun of the people you want, winning a meaningless bi-lateral against a horrific India is not going to change West Indies fate. Almost did not qualify for T20 last year, did not qualify for ODI WC, 8th out of 9 in both the Test Tournaments... its not as if oh we do so well let us troll others! Just hilarous!

Are you hitting out against Carribean Cricket podcast or the trolls recently festering in the series thread? The former have fair grounds to be bullish given the amount of shade thrown at West Indies recently and calls for them to be disbanded, a vast majority from Indian voices without any understanding of the complexity involved in such a decision.

If it’s the latter, by all means flame on my friend. :cheers

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Are you hitting out against Carribean Cricket podcast or the trolls recently festering in the series thread? The former have fair grounds to be bullish given the amount of shade thrown at West Indies recently and calls for them to be disbanded, a vast majority from Indian voices without any understanding of the complexity involved in such a decision.

If it’s the latter, by all means flame on my friend. :cheers
Its not just Caribbean Cricket podcast, its all the trolls, its all the Daniels, its everyone who thinks that winning a meaningless bilateral 3-2 not even 5-0 is something to hammer about when non of those teams from the people have actually achieved anything meaningful nor generates any revenue. Like I am fine with trolling and all and I get it’s ridiculous that some experts think they should be disbanded but what is WICB actually doing to save them?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Hate for the Indian team and hate for the BCCI are 2 very different things. Unfortunately,not everyone can differentiate between the two.

As for the BCCI, by virtue of having run successful IPLs and taking away a large chunk of the revenue from the ICC they become soft targets. Then again, am not here to subtly explain his to anyone.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers

Let the Daniels and Podcasters come out and blame India for this. Nobody bats an eye that apart from IPL there are 5000000 different leagues they play in.

In the vast realm of Indian cricket, the BCCI seems to have acquired a peculiar superpower: being blamed for early retirements, regardless of its actual involvement. Hasaranga's pivot from Test cricket to the pulsating world of franchise leagues sparks déjà vu. It's as if blaming BCCI has become cricket's involuntary reflex, akin to checking for rain in England. So, here's to the blame-game champions, the BCCI—allegedly behind every retirement decision and, who knows, maybe even the global warming of cricket's tea breaks.

Bevab

Staff Member
Its not just Caribbean Cricket podcast, its all the trolls, its all the Daniels, its everyone who thinks that winning a meaningless bilateral 3-2 not even 5-0 is something to hammer about when non of those teams from the people have actually achieved anything meaningful nor generates any revenue. Like I am fine with trolling and all and I get it’s ridiculous that some experts think they should be disbanded but what is WICB actually doing to save them?

Daniel Alexander is nothing more than a troll, taking him seriously only tires us out. I do agree with the point in principle though but it is partly self-inflicted by our own folk choosing to burn the house down after every loss. If we’re already treating the team as a joke then it’s no surprise that the others choose to join in to fit in.

The WICB has brought in an Academy team to focus on exclusively promising talent and has been overhauling the backroom staff for a while. They’ve also significantly softened their stance on their players being choosy about when to play (and to the surprise of no one, the same olive branch was not taken up by certain players). Could they be doing better? Sure. But have they also been a victim of the current global order both inside and outside cricket? It’s hard to refute that.

Users who are viewing this thread