England National football team thread

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well Jack Wilshere has clearly been doing his homework on playing in mid-field as he suggested.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@barmyarmy @IceAgeComing @StinkyBoHoon

''Sing when you're winning....You only sing when you're winnnnnning!'' :wave

That 3rd England goal was very un like us. Pass and move, pass and move.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
well no, that would mean we rarely, if ever sing. 3rd goal was a bit of a gut punch, would have taken 2-1 with a bit of pressure at the end. game was a bit of a shambles really, I thought we were going to lose it due to lack of penetration and silly mistakes after the first 10 minutes.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
well no, that would mean we rarely, if ever sing. 3rd goal was a bit of a gut punch, would have taken 2-1 with a bit of pressure at the end. game was a bit of a shambles really, I thought we were going to lose it due to lack of penetration and silly mistakes after the first 10 minutes.
all a bit after the lord mayor's show, really. the event was the ireland game. hard to get up again for a friendly, regardless of who you are playing.

For once this game meant more to the england players.

War

Chairman of Selectors
CAdatRlUwAEFrDT.jpg:large

CAeYf6lUsAAa2un.jpg:large

Pretty straight forward squads. Mason the unluckiest to miss out on a senior call up, probably would have picked him ahead of Delph.

Might have also included Rose in seniors and left Shaw in U21s, especially with Jamaica trying to court Rose.

Disappointing to hear than Tom Ince turned down a u-21 call up - Hull City midfielder Tom Ince rejects England under 21 squad callup coach Gareth Southgate surprised - ESPN FC. Shelvey another eligible U21 man that is a notable absentee.

Hodgson can continue with the diamond formation, but as was the case before the world cup, Liverpool's back 3 formation with a lot english players doing well is once more giving ENG a good blueprint to replicate:

---------------------------Hart--------------------------

---------Jones------------Cahill-------Gibbs------------

Clyne---------Henderson------Carrick------------Baines

----------------------------Sterling-----------------------

----------------Sturridge---------------Rooney------------

Last edited:

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
How Gibbs can be called up ahead of Bertrand I'll never know. Looking forward to seeing Kane in an England shirt and Sturridge not passing to him though.

Just noticed you have Gibbs as a centreback War. What's your thinking (or not!) there?

War

Chairman of Selectors
How Gibbs can be called up ahead of Bertrand I'll never know. Looking forward to seeing Kane in an England shirt and Sturridge not passing to him though.

Just noticed you have Gibbs as a centreback War. What's your thinking (or not!) there?

Not really a CB, a left center back in the back 3 system because having a left-footer in that position is preferable. I think Gibbs has the game to play the position like other left-backs i've seen play the role like Rojo, Chelleni, Junior Diaz (Costa Rica), Maynor Figueroa (Honduras), David Alaba, Howedes, Bruno Martins Indi, Blind.

Users who are viewing this thread