Sales logistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Um. Did you even read what I wrote? That wasn't even directed at you. I just used your post as a good example of someone in the thread telling this doofus what was up, ie; Nothing.

it wasn't directed at you either, but the doofus. (it was indirectly directed at you, in the sense i was directly agreeing with you.)

unless this was't directed at me? or is that too meta...[DOUBLEPOST=1467108730][/DOUBLEPOST]and now i see it wasn't directed at me...

grkrama

National Board President
and now i see it wasn't directed at me...

haha ..sorry i had deleted the post after i directed a post at biggs that wasnt directed at me... so that you thought that the post directed at me in response to me thinking that post before was directed at me but not , was directed at you .....

guess thats all cleared up now :D

DBC14 Rocks

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's really hard to say what would be good profit for DBC17 because we don't really know how much Big Ant spent to make the game. If big ant can get back more money than what the game cost to make, that would be good.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Conclusion in short : with Big Ant loosing crucial funding from the " Australian government fund for supportive arts " seeing games aren't considered as art in Australia anymore... support the development of games by buy official games only... no piracy...
Those figures mentioned in previous posts would increase drastically if we all buy their games legitimately.

border33

Club Captain
It's really hard to say what would be good profit for DBC17 because we don't really know how much Big Ant spent to make the game. If big ant can get back more money than what the game cost to make, that would be good.

Thank you! Post of the day for mine, that last line is a pearler :)

Last edited:

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What Big Ant have done is identify the gap in the market for a guerrilla-style approach to develop games for niche sports, using a big license (League) as their major revenue generator to funnel money into their smaller IP's like Cricket and Lacrosse, amongst others.

I know its extremely iratating when whole posts like this are dissected... sorry... but there is a few glaring question marks with this particularly vague statement of yours?????

* A) how does a game like rll3 have such a mass following...that it can not only support itself... but 2 more...plus others?

B) wouldn't the market rugby league are trying to target, be very similar to cricket? (Except those billion or so other people ive referred too, a couple of times)

C) are you indirectly saying that dbc 14 was a "not for profit organization"?

Seems to me, you are either making this up, or you go on walks through the park with ceo of big ant.

D

Deleted member 149013

@LittleBigPlanet
Really no likey this thread. Big Ant there finances are personal to them it’s rude to ask or even enquire. There not a public company as I'm aware of so they don’t need or doubt in a million years they want to disclose profit or how much has been earned/loss whatever. You’re been nosey when there is no need for it.
Maybe a subject change please?

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well if you read the whole thread, you would see that its not important to me what big ant earn or didnt..but rather im more concerned us customers, should be supporting those guys by buying digital or directly from their website (if your in a position to do so) to hopefully maximise theirs or their publishers profits, which in turn would give them confidence that cricket gaming can be a profitable enough venture, as to continue making them... hopefully you see my point.

P.s can someone lock this damned thread away?

Last edited:

DBC14 Rocks

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@LittleBigPlanet
Really no likey this thread. Big Ant there finances are personal to them it’s rude to ask or even enquire. There not a public company as I'm aware of so they don’t need or doubt in a million years they want to disclose profit or how much has been earned/loss whatever. You’re been nosey when there is no need for it.
Maybe a subject change please?

Your right Dakota, it is rude to ask about their finances and it is personal to them and really is none of our business at all. Little Big Planet may have started this thread but i was being much more nosey than Little Big Planet was and i am probably the most nosey person in this thread! I don't think Little Big Planet was being nosey at all i think he was just trying to encourage people to buy the game from their website so that big ant might get more profits for their hard work, he was just trying to be helpful that's all. I respect your opinion Dakota and i mean no disrespect to you either!

D

Deleted member 149013

Your right Dakota, it is rude to ask about their finances and it is personal to them and really is none of our business at all. Little Big Planet may have started this thread but i was being much more nosey than Little Big Planet was and i am probably the most nosey person in this thread! I don't think Little Big Planet was being nosey at all i think he was just trying to encourage people to buy the game from their website so that big ant might get more profits for their hard work, he was just trying to be helpful that's all. I respect your opinion Dakota and i mean no disrespect to you either!
I know he explained in a PM it’s all cool. Wasn’t meaning no offence to him either his intentions were good if a bit blurred at first.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I know its extremely iratating when whole posts like this are dissected... sorry... but there is a few glaring question marks with this particularly vague statement of yours?????

* A) how does a game like rll3 have such a mass following...that it can not only support itself... but 2 more...plus others?

B) wouldn't the market rugby league are trying to target, be very similar to cricket? (Except those billion or so other people ive referred too, a couple of times)

C) are you indirectly saying that dbc 14 was a "not for profit organization"?

Seems to me, you are either making this up, or you go on walks through the park with ceo of big ant.

The biggest difference is that RL has basically 2 large license holders and dealing with them gets them teams, competitions, and players. This means a publisher (tru blu) can more efficiently (cheaply?) acquire the license & fund the dev.

DBC was self funded.

Now a genuine question: do you really think BA didn't think through the cost/revenue implications, including the needs for "middle men"? Ross has said during the dbc14 release when people (me included) were ragging on trublu that if he didn't need a publisher he wouldn't have one.

You pulled some figures out of thin air, decided they proved that "middle men" were ruining cricket gaming and have been told repeatedly that neither your figures nor your assertions were accurate. Why can't you get what people are saying?

grkrama

National Board President
I vote moving it to AC13 HOF would be the best, this thread is like the mutated baby of AC13 and c07 fourms when they got high .....

After having been a proud contributor, @#$% this thread

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread