DBC17 Career Mode

MK4

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So let me get this straight? There will be a team based career mode so none of that be a cricketer stuff from the last one?
I wanna take Kings XI and dominate Asia

Dannyburke

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I believe there is going to be the option to play as the whole team in career mode but it is going to be based around a single player.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So let me get this straight? There will be a team based career mode so none of that be a cricketer stuff from the last one?
I wanna take Kings XI and dominate Asia

That's literally 100% completely the opposite of what it is. Have you even read the thread?

Franna1017

School Cricketer
Hi guys. I just watched the career video from Twistie on YouTube and I saw that you guys missed a team for South Africa. You have Cape Town, Centurion, East Cape, Durban and the Highveld, but there should be a 6th team, the Free State. So I just want to know if we'll be able to add a 6th manually or will it be like DBC14 where you can change the teams but only have the amount of teams there were originally? Also, if we can't add a 6th, perhaps it's not too late for you guys to add the 6th team to the game?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi guys. I just watched the career video from Twistie on YouTube and I saw that you guys missed a team for South Africa. You have Cape Town, Centurion, East Cape, Durban and the Highveld, but there should be a 6th team, the Free State. So I just want to know if we'll be able to add a 6th manually or will it be like DBC14 where you can change the teams but only have the amount of teams there were originally? Also, if we can't add a 6th, perhaps it's not too late for you guys to add the 6th team to the game?
You missed the 6th one that's highlighted at the top, Bloemfontein.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
To really simplify it - players are generated at the club level and filter up - so if the retired player is at international level, a top domestic player would replace them. As club players move up to domestic and international, their spots get filled by newly generated players to continue the cycle.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
To really simplify it - players are generated at the club level and filter up - so if the retired player is at international level, a top domestic player would replace them. As club players move up to domestic and international, their spots get filled by newly generated players to continue the cycle.

That's awesome, that is a lot more advanced than I ever expected. Thank you for that answer. How many years does the career mode span, 10 years say? I would be very happy if it spanned 10 years with those changes in place.

Injuries also interested me. Is it possible to get an injury during a match in a cutscene perhaps now or is it auto generated after the match has finished.

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The video that's been posted showing career mode looks absolutely incredible - honestly even better than I was possibly expecting! One very minor question - is it possible to edit the logos/names of the competitions that are in career mode?

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors

And in Aus, for example, club tournaments in all six states are simulated or just the one you choose? I think in the Twistie video he scanned over stats for those other cups and they were empty. This would be important for the regen players as it would be odd if you saw loads of guys that you played club cricket against all make it to Test as only that one state was simulated.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
The video that's been posted showing career mode looks absolutely incredible - honestly even better than I was possibly expecting! One very minor question - is it possible to edit the logos/names of the competitions that are in career mode?

I agree with this ive watched the video several times. The new emblems look much improved as well, It looks very impressive so far

Believe

Club Captain
@MattW I have a question after watching Twisties (awesome!) videos too.

He mentions that he "thinks" all club level games are T20's. Is this correct?

And how does that affect your selection to domestic level? Do you get picked for all domestic squads at once? Or do you only play T20's and go from there, or what?

Note: this is NOT a criticism. I think the game looks absolutely amazing, and December is way too far off for my liking.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@Believe its true, club levels are only T20's. I am not sure how it affects the domestic level selection.

Users who are viewing this thread