India tour of Sri Lanka - July/Sept 2017

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Sri Lanka is currently like what it was in 1992.... Equivalent to Zimbabwe... They need a major overhaul

B

Bigby Wolf

Axar in place of Kuldeep? Why persists with Kedar again - a good batsman slightly overrated but a sloppy fielder.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Axar in place of Kuldeep? Why persists with Kedar again - a good batsman slightly overrated but a sloppy fielder.
Two leg spinners ? Axar is handy with bat and can control runs overflow if it goes to that. And Kedar is very good with bat and often provides breakthrough with his bowling. Agree his fielding is sloppy, but I would have him in the team.

Edit- Bolded word

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Shhhh. Don't disturb this sleep Shastri and Kohli are in.

Some quite meaningless cricket going on at the moment!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Shhhh. Don't disturb this sleep Shastri and Kohli are in.

Some quite meaningless cricket going on at the moment!
Cannot agree more. Cricket has been reduced to 6 teams and its a sad state. India, Australia, England, South Africa, Pakistan, New Zealand and too some extent Bangladesh. In these 7 teams Pakistan and Bangladesh are so inconsistent. It leaves us with only 5 teams. Sri Lanka cannot get more pathetic then this series. We need tiers as soon as possible.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Sri Lanka had the potential to make a game of this from 139/1 but just lost the plot afterwards. We probably need a two tier system now that we've got a couple of weak teams.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Sri Lanka is going beyond ridiculous! I mean, it has always been a yawn fest whenever India meets Sri Lanka in the past few years because Sri Lanka have mostly been easy meat. But this tour has shown that Sri Lankan cricket has fallen to such abysmal levels that other teams are just hurting themselves by facing off against Sri Lanka.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Sri Lanka is going beyond ridiculous! I mean, it has always been a yawn fest whenever India meets Sri Lanka in the past few years because Sri Lanka have mostly been easy meat. But this tour has shown that Sri Lankan cricket has fallen to such abysmal levels that other teams are just hurting themselves by facing off against Sri Lanka.

It has a LOT to do with the way they ran their cricket prior to this. Just look at how long people like Jayawardene and Dilshan hung around. I remember so clearly, they would play these two and even a tired Sanga in dead rubbers and never ever groomed youth. This is their time to pay.

As far as India are concerned, Dhawan has mounted 4 tons since coming back, ALL against a pathetic SL. This will mean a highly talented Pant who no doubt should be opening with KL in the 2019 WC will now probably not even be in the squad.

I will say as many times as you like that our ODI template is outdated. Our biggest strength is if we play Chahal and K Yadav together, but I don't think that will ever happen!

If I were given free will, I'd pick this team and give it a run-

R Pant
KL Rahul
V Kohli
R Sharma
MS Dhoni
S Raina
H Pandya
B Kumar
K Yadav
J Bumrah
Y Chahal

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
lThe one player this management needs to monitor and manage is Hardik Pandya. That guy is an absolute gun and is suited to all 3 formats. The management needs to make sure they don't burn him out. He is the type of player we have waited for since the retirement of Kapil Dev. His bowling still needs to improve but he is definitely on the right track. Even though I know this Sri Lankan team is not very strong but I fee that this Indian team will definitely win more matches overseas than any of the past Indian team have.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Someone has clearly told Rohit Sharma that he needs to make use of the powerplay. A refreshing sight for fans, especially mixed with his natural ability.
I and @Bilal48 were discussing the same thing, I told him that if we ever spot him on the streets of Mumbai, I'll tell him you have to play a shot at least straight to the fielder rather blocking 5 out of 7 balls.

B

Bigby Wolf

Shades of Mendis like spell from Dhananjaya, 5 down in a jiffy.

B

Bigby Wolf

6 down from 109-1 to 121 - 6 . Well bowled Dhananjaya deceived the Indian batters beautifully!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Dhananjaya bowled superbly but really poor technique from the Indian batsmen. Batting on leg stump was a poor idea against Dhananjaya when it's turning. They should have learned that when Jadhav got out. Exposing the stumps is what got many of them out. Bhuvi and DhonI are covering their stumps which is good.

Users who are viewing this thread