Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
He could have tweeted this 12 hours ago.
I think they just realized that they messed up something big time. That is what I feel at least. I don’t believe changing a code for cross gen play would be something they thought over at today morning’s breakfast. Of course BA won’t tell the truth.

Bootsey

Club Cricketer
What an unreal 4th test match at the SCG, set Aus 441 to win, I play as Mark Wood, I prefer bowling over batting, finally got them out for 420, with Warner getting 230 runout, silly run to go for but what an excellent come back, really thought they were going to get it, I play the whole matches too, love the fielding, still on the fence about career mode so played the test, so enjoyable, up 3-1 in the series, really felt like a real cricket game, except for a few issues like every bowler except me had to do 1 or 2 short bouncers every over giving away extras and not changing the field much mainly always aggressive but still fun time loved it

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
I think they just realized that they messed up something big time. That is what I feel at least. I don’t believe changing a code for cross gen play would be something they thought over at today morning’s breakfast. Of course BA won’t tell the truth.
And it's not even in this patch , what they are going to test? They have whole 2 weeks for testing the upcoming cross generational support for dead on arrival mode.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I am puzzled they are obsessing over a mode which will not exist after 30 days from today (unless they add VS AI play). Why not fix the core gameplay modes first?
Please don't think that nobody cares about online just because you are not interested. I've spent hours hours paying career mode but the moment big xi came to picture, it's the most interesting mode.

I respect your opinion but please don't think online is less important.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
They would have tested the game today and would have seen some major bugs and Ross just came up with a weird excuse to fool us again.

Why is no one talking about how Ross said that Big 11 wasn't part of the initial release and they added it as a bonus?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What a way to make ppl fool…. Cant fix game basics on single gen so getting time by saying cross gen gameplay needs lots of coding etc …..

caprikaps

Club Captain
Ross is a fantastic business leader, we should surely get some time from Ross school of learning.

His team has messed up the fundamental's of the game (not on purpose) to such an extent that people have stopped asking about the new additions to Cricket 22 - like NZ licensing, grounds, wrong cut scenes In career mode, gameplay and list goes on. No one realized but we are almost closing down on 4 months since the game release and it is still in shambles.

No matter how much I want to get back to this, the reality of the situation is at some point we have to move on and stop cribbing because it has not gone anywhere and shall not as well going forward. ---> one step forward, 3 steps backward has been the pattern and would continue to be.

The intent is there but they have to move on as well to sustain being in business; remember they have other games to make and something to plan better for next cricket game which would come at the cost of spending less time on Cricket 22.

People see a fortnightly patch is a move by them to test more, I doubt - my take is that they have much more to do beyond Cricket 22 and can't be stuck to this forever - effective utilization of resources.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Yes at some point they need to move onto the next projects.Yes the game isn't as perfect as it could be but at least they are doing their best very few games however bad and there are plenty out there get this many patches.The mistake they seem to make is to tie the game into an event and then its get released too early to coincide with that event.The one before last patch was almost perfect so hopefully we can get back to that.

Hester

County Cricketer
Yes at some point they need to move onto the next projects.Yes the game isn't as perfect as it could be but at least they are doing their best very few games however bad and there are plenty out there get this many patches.The mistake they seem to make is to tie the game into an event and then its get released too early to coincide with that event.The one before last patch was almost perfect so hopefully we can get back to that.
the game is getting lots of patches because elements of it are / were broken. it's 4 months since release and it still feels like a beta build.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Where is @MattW ?

I want to listen what he says on broken game basics along with black box keep coming on xb1x and constant game crashes in career mode. Where as BA priority at moment is enabling cross gen game … wow.

Dont say there is nothing broken in game instead these are new features. ….. hahaha

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
The game is never going to be 100% perfect and in my opinion it’s just a few glitches that need sorting like fielding and AI fine tuning and a bit of love to career mode I’ve tried the big X1 and it feels more like a baseball match especially with the 5 over game so not too fussed about it but been playing tests recently and they feel really good. Cranked the AI bowl quality up to 80 and feels much better.

Users who are viewing this thread