Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I really miss playing in the NZ FC league as an SA player. Was it in DBC17 where you were able to play in the Bangladesh and Zimbabwe domestic leagues as well?
I'm doing my career at Lancs (because who else?) and seeing all the T20 leagues I can play in have little appeal. I'd love to play FC/LA cricket in NZ/SA over BPL/PSL. Also where's the SA T20?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm just seeing spinners absolutely dominate when bowling on any pitch (compared to quicks). And also the 1st innings being markedly easier than the second one for bowling, when it should be the other way around.

Is there any way to get around this? Is skilling the difference, or is this just bad scripting? I literally cannot get a side anything less than 90 odd for 7 at lunch, with the odd wicket taken by quicks, as it should be, and a hatfull from the spinners. It seems a lot worse than earlier patches.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
I'm doing my career at Lancs (because who else?) and seeing all the T20 leagues I can play in have little appeal. I'd love to play FC/LA cricket in NZ/SA over BPL/PSL. Also where's the SA T20?
Same here... I prefer to play FC & One Day matches so I skip most of the T20 leagues. I just wish career mode had more freedom to choose in which leagues you want to play and what formats you prefer to play. And in stead of choosing Domestic/County/State teams once and staying in the same teams for your entire career, I'd much rather sign a contract for a year or two and then be able to switch sides so it doesn't become boring after a season or two.

Here is what I did in C22 right before C24's release. I made a spreadsheet to track my stats and I set up some parameters for when I get to "unlock" new bat sponsors etc. Something I know many others do as well. But the main thing I started doing to keep my career from becoming repetitive, was to play my own custom tournaments or leagues outside of the standard career mode. So let's say I was offered a contract to play in the NZ T20 league, but I wanted to play a season in their FC league as well, then I add a copy of my career player to the squad and I play a custom competition. If I was selected to play a test series and I wanted to play 5 tests and not just 3, then I would play an extra 2 tests outside of the career mode. In standard career mode you mostly play the same teams over and over, so now I can play matches against Canada or Namibia or whoever I want and my "career" always feels fresh. I've just finished creating my own USA and Zimbabwe domestic leagues and plan to play with those teams in my new career.

So yeah, the standard career does feel slightly limited, but this is a bit of a DIY idea to keep it interesting.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The SA20 is weird on C24. My SA career player plays for Durban Super Giants but there are no international players in the team despite updated squads.

joeb86

Club Captain
On ps5, and the fielding is back to being fairly horrible again.

Fielders sliding from all angles, right close to the stumps, out on the boundary. Also players grabbing it (after sliding, obviously) when the ball wasn’t near them a second earlier and players not collecting the ball when it’s by them.

Frustrating

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
How do you change the PSL teams kit? I've always just downloaded Wastes teams and they then give me the option on the uniform screen but they put wastes teams in the custom section and I can't use his kits for the actual teams. Basically I've just got selected for the PSL in career and they all have these rank kits that I can't change, unless I'm doing it wrong?? Help me cricket world

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How do you change the PSL teams kit? I've always just downloaded Wastes teams and they then give me the option on the uniform screen but they put wastes teams in the custom section and I can't use his kits for the actual teams. Basically I've just got selected for the PSL in career and they all have these rank kits that I can't change, unless I'm doing it wrong?? Help me cricket world
You won't be able to use custom teams in career mode

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
You won't be able to use custom teams in career mode
Yeah get that but how can I use your kits for those teams. I've used yours for say the County teams and they all transfered to career or can you just not edit the PSL teams? Cheers

Nature Boy

School Cricketer
Not sure if Big Ant is even considering adding batsman's vocals or not. It feels so unrealistic that you can't even hear the batsman call for a run. I really don't understand why do they exclude something that was already there in previous games.

Users who are viewing this thread