England tour of India (5 Tests)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
How to show how out of touch you are. We don’t care that they might backfire, if you are thinking about how your plans could fail, then you will never fully commit and when you don’t go in 100%, then you will definitely will fail. So why bother. That is Bazball. Get with the times and open you eyes

Well mate, I disagree. I do believe that your feelings stem from the fact cause the so-called 'Bazball' has worked in your favour until now. There's a very fine line between being carefree and being careless. I needn't mention where Bazball sits tbh.

As for planning going awry- it bemuses me that you wouldn't go in with a Plan B. Even if you are fully committed to Plan A+200%, things may not go your way. That's the circle of life!

I view Stokes' decision making akin to that of an arrogant person- he is lucky that India are poor right now and have crumbled in the 1st Test, else the scenario would have been different.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Might Jaiswal be the best Test batter in the world right now? It's very early days, but watching him bat just reminds me of watching Lara or Tendulkar at their very peak

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Might Jaiswal be the best Test batter in the world right now? It's very early days, but watching him bat just reminds me of watching Lara or Tendulkar at their very peak
Too early! Let him prove himself versus good opposition in SENA. From what I saw of him in SA, I didn't feel so. But then again, as you said- too early perhaps.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Loving that story of Sehwag playing county cricket.

"Viru, it's reverse swinging. How do I play it?"

"There's an off-spinner at the other end. Get me on strike."

... and then Viru hits it out of Grace Road so that the ball is lost.

1706866164680.gif

Bevab

Staff Member
Moving to Patidar- decent fellow? Do we like what we see of him?

Good jinx.

But yes, he’s been decent. I don’t think he’ll amount to anything special though.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Good jinx.

But yes, he’s been decent. I don’t think he’ll amount to anything special though.
Another Hanuma Vihari in the making perhaps....
Post automatically merged:

Axar Patel! This is what I despise from Dravid- Rohit- the constant chop chop chop...

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
I can smell a collapse coming.

Bevab

Staff Member
Another Hanuma Vihari in the making perhaps....

He hasn’t shown any notable weakness like Vihari did but to be fair to Vihari the latter was only playing in pace friendly conditions.

I’m happy to sacrifice Patidar’s wicket if that means the commentators shut up about KP’s blue hair.

Bevab

Staff Member
I like the confidence they have with Axar at six, we could have had that during our peak when Jadeja was being unfairly dropped or played at eight because they didn’t trust his batting over the number six batter.

Axar is not the man for that job though.

Users who are viewing this thread