Cricket 24 - General Discussion

PJ13

Club Captain
From your videos i can see you are using pitch marker alone and you are using standard controls. Can you try to use classic controls and play a t20 and share your feedback? I am not against your feedback but just asking to understand our issue as well.
I use classic controls for batting. I only play test cricket so can't say much for the T20's but I enjoy it.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Probably not very comforting to people, but I can't actually tell any difference between batting now and before the patch. I don't use pitch markers though.
How do you turn pitch markers off , can’t find where to do it ?

Wahldo

Club Captain
I too don't use any pitch marker save for the ball length marker. I won't lie usually there is a high element of premeditation (in the shot choice), but sometimes I get into the groove. I won't step accros pre-delivery to force a shot as it feels wrong.

The classic settings for batting and bowling allow for a more immersive experience in my opinion,.where you watch the ball rather than the HUD.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good to know as my first 5 minutes with no pitch or ball markers were ‘ interesting ‘
I've tried that way myself but I came to the conclusion that judging short balls was too challenging for me. You can set up for certain bowlers, for example those with Brute mentality, to expect more short bowling. Also, look to the field settings which will generally indicate a specific short ball plan. But, like @Wahldo says, you begin to rely too much on premeditation. So, I went to the ball marker and gave short length a unique colour. It reduces the guess work but still keeps you on your toes.

It requires greater effort on your part to judge the line of the delivery and your shot selection. I had used just a pitch marker for a long time (since Ashes or Cricket 19) but I realised I began to find it unsatisfying. I personally don't think it's complicated to make the game challenging. All I change is the markers and the ball marker display time. There's no need to try and find the perfect set of numbers with sliders.

It also opens up the bowled and LBW far more than 'standard' settings, because if you have a pitch marker telling you it's straight then you can always block it. With more room for error on the line of the delivery it will lead to more mistakes. I get bowled or LBW quite often but I am quite wreckless.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
I've tried that way myself but I came to the conclusion that judging short balls was too challenging for me. You can set up for certain bowlers, for example those with Brute mentality, to expect more short bowling. Also, look to the field settings which will generally indicate a specific short ball plan. But, like @Wahldo says, you begin to rely too much on premeditation. So, I went to the ball marker and gave short length a unique colour. It reduces the guess work but still keeps you on your toes.

It requires greater effort on your part to judge the line of the delivery and your shot selection. I had used just a pitch marker for a long time (since Ashes or Cricket 19) but I realised I began to find it unsatisfying. I personally don't think it's complicated to make the game challenging. All I change is the markers and the ball marker display time. There's no need to try and find the perfect set of numbers with sliders.

It also opens up the bowled and LBW far more than 'standard' settings, because if you have a pitch marker telling you it's straight then you can always block it. With more room for error on the line of the delivery it will lead to more mistakes. I get bowled or LBW quite often but I am quite wreckless.
Thank you , I was set for last 2 games with white pitch marker and no ball markers right up to last patch , that has been changed for good or bad depending on opinions , so I’m looking for a new challenge, changed my cameras too , I’ve got some time over weekend to get used to this , and appreciated your input , let’s see if this game has any life in it still …..

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Not quite sure why my career lineups have got either Jimmy Anderson or Tom Bailey opening the batting for Lancashire all of a sudden...

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’ve played without the pitch marker on DBC 14 (that one didn’t have the option anyway but like a madlad I turned the length indicator too) and for parts of Ashes and C19 but at one point it felt a bit too premeditated. I’ve never really been comfortable with the length indicators so I used to have a short window of the pitch marker on.

Sounds like if I were to return to the game I might have go back to the DBC 14 days. :D

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I’ve played without the pitch marker on DBC 14 (that one didn’t have the option anyway but like a madlad I turned the length indicator too) and for parts of Ashes and C19 but at one point it felt a bit too premeditated. I’ve never really been comfortable with the length indicators so I used to have a short window of the pitch marker on.

Sounds like if I were to return to the game I might have go back to the DBC 14 days. :D

I always try and make the game look as much like "TV" as possible.. the length indicators I find to be so so ugly so I do a late pitch marker like you say.

The only way I was able to bat with nothing was hold my left stick back as if I was always expecting a short ball then press forwards once I had identified a fuller ball.

Wasn't bad!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

Fired up DBC 14. Wanted to see if my memory of how diffculty worked was Mandela effect or not. Turns out it was Mandela. I hadn't realised there was no pitch marker until you mentioned it.

Had a bit of a play around, aside from my PS4 sounding like a vacuum cleaner, batting felt quite similar with just the ball marker and there were 12 (TWELVE) different helmets.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Fired up DBC 14. Wanted to see if my memory of how diffculty worked was Mandela effect or not. Turns out it was Mandela. I hadn't realised there was no pitch marker until you mentioned it.

Had a bit of a play around, aside from my PS4 sounding like a vacuum cleaner, batting felt quite similar with just the ball marker and there were 12 (TWELVE) different helmets.
DBC is still an absolute joy in many ways especially the whole sound enviroment.

Users who are viewing this thread