Cricket 24 - General Discussion

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've been reading a lot about batting being too easy, and I understand that difficulty is subjective, but for me, it's going great so far. Bowling marker is fixed, I am getting tons of edges on my slider settings (which is great). The only problem that I've noticed so far: it seems, for me at least, that the annoying instance where, after playing a shot, you tap circle (or B) to go back to the crease and the batter instead moves away and gets run out. This has happened already in my first T20 game post-patch. Hopefully, it's a one-off incident and not a recurring element again.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've been reading a lot about batting being too easy, and I understand that difficulty is subjective, but for me, it's going great so far. Bowling marker is fixed, I am getting tons of edges on my slider settings (which is great). The only problem that I've noticed so far: it seems, for me at least, that the annoying instance where, after playing a shot, you tap circle (or B) to go back to the crease and the batter instead moves away and gets run out. This has happened already in my first T20 game post-patch. Hopefully, it's a one-off incident and not a recurring element again.
Agree definitely subjective, enjoyed batting in a test , made 30 off 80 balls playing hardest , pro controls glad defending to spinners finally fixed , pitch marker also back to previous timings , I might be less skilful than some on here but for me game more enjoyable after latest patch

vipul gupta

Club Captain
If you are not skilful enough then lower the difficulty don’t expect the game to become easy on hardest difficulty. If something is named as hardest then it has to work like that. Even I was struggling to bat good after the last patch. But that din’t let me want the game to be easy rather I was working on improving my skills.
Well we can’t to do anything now. People want arcade games only

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Ac

Gameplay is king. Academy is fine man if we stick on to the core gameplay, and playing County games on DBC17 with community created teams is excellent joy.
I loved it in DBC 17. But at this point it's just poor how neglected anyone but the IPL is.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If you are not skilful enough then lower the difficulty don’t expect the game to become easy on hardest difficulty. If something is named as hardest then it has to work like that. Even I was struggling to bat good after the last patch. But that din’t let me want the game to be easy rather I was working on improving my skills.
Well we can’t to do anything now. People want arcade games only
When did I expect the game to be made easier for me? All I complained was about the pitch marker that's been fixed. If anything, the game is harder for me after the recent patch, despite the pitch marker being fixed. But I am okay with that, as I always play with my own slider sets (which I adjust based on gameplay changes), not the default difficulties.

Last edited:

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Am yet to try batting on the latest patch... but just to clarify, compared to the last patch- has batting become easier because the pitch marker can now be seen earlier? Or is it easier irrespective of the pitch marker? What does it mean- when ppl say that batting feels "arcade"?

Last edited:

Rhone

International Cricketer
Has anyone got any bat-pad catches when bowling spin in C24? Curious if this dismissal mode is possible as I haven't had one yet.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
So suddenly removing pitch marker made it hard for some & perfect for others & adding it back again made it easier, so setting pitch marker option to 0 doesnt work like that , bcoz i haven't tried it ??

Mrp

Club Captain
First time playing again today for a few months and they STILL haven't fixed the forward defence to spinners issue !! Unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread