Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
This is getting ridiculous now. SRH are setting up themselves to having a very non-tested middle/lower order. I hope to God it doesn't happen during the business end of the tournament.
About time they bring Phillips (if he is fit) in for Markram just to get a feel of things. It could help them touch the 300 mark too on their day.

Gotta feel for the bowlers.
Post automatically merged:

This is a peak first world problem.
And a very real one at that. The Indian team of few years who rode on the success of Sachin/Sehwag/Gambhir or Shikhar/Rohit/Virat would concede that.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And a very real one at that. The Indian team of few years who rode on the success of Shikhar/Rohit/Virat would concede that.

1713704460637.jpeg

Why do million dollars aussie players like starc always fail

Because they don’t really care about performing.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Going gets tough,Kohli gets out cheaply.

Why do million dollars aussie players like starc always fail

Performance Anxiety could be a reason. When you know you are the highest paid in the league, there's an extra hidden onus on you to deliver.

Same happened with the likes of Yuvraj and Stokes, the year they were the top paid stars.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Karn Sharma would definitely want to have a word with DK in the dresssing room and ask "why didn't you trust me?". Karn is an IPL veteran and has had some extremely valuable innings with the bat (for SRH) and if DK has trusted him a tiny bit, both of them could've finished the game for RCB!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Gambhir seething with anger when Karn dispatched Starc for 3 sixes. Starc's truly off color and performance anxiety is showing.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Gambhir drops him for the next game now.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
View attachment 293479
That was a time when Indian top order amassed most of the runs while the lower order wasn't needed much to contribute.

I forgot the exact tournaments but it's been quite a few occasions when the top order carried the team only to be defeated when they failed. I think CWC2019 was one such occassion.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
This is getting ridiculous now. SRH are setting up themselves to having a very non-tested middle/lower order. I hope to God it doesn't happen during the business end of the tournament.
Nitish and Shahbaaz(only one innings) have done good. Samad haven't played a long innings but have played decent.
We gonna hope Washington and Cummins come through the day they are required.

Bevab

Staff Member
That was a time when Indian top order amassed most of the runs while the lower order wasn't needed much to contribute.

I forgot the exact tournaments but it's been quite a few occasions when the top order carried the team only to be defeated when they failed. I think CWC2019 was one such occassion.

It was a bit tongue in cheek given that the trio have only a rain affected Champions Trophy title to show in terms of successes. :p

Nitish and Shahbaaz(only one innings) have done good. Samad haven't played a long innings but have played decent.
We gonna hope Washington and Cummins come through the day they are required.

The middle order is vastly overrated in terms of playing long or significant innings IMO. In most games if your top four hasn’t done an adequate job you’re already significantly behind.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea

Bevab

Staff Member
Shubman Gill just smashed a impressive 35 today to stake his claim for India opening world cup spot

That wasn’t as impressive as you believe it to be. :spy

Users who are viewing this thread