Eddie's Gameplay patch

Eddie

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok guys, here's my first official gameplay patch. I hope you all give it a go and enjoy it, as well as giving some feedback.

** Patch Details **

1. New outfield conditions. All outfields are significantly slower.

2. All Shots have been edited in terms of: power , direction .

3. "6-Hit" shots have been made harder. I have added "Risk & Reward" - you may get 4 or 6 runs..you also have a very high chance of getting out especially early in you innings.

4. Increased swing and seam movement on all pitches.

5. Improved AI pacing for 45 & 50 overs games.

6. Some edited fields for odi restrictions: Fast Open 1->5 fields.

Installation :

This ZIP contains 3 files :

- 2bb7ad25c9aa96dc7b6f670d84a4df83.big :-> edited pitch conditions & AI.
- 430834dfd47be8b1eaa97fa22706133a.big :-> edited strokes.
- odi fields.zip :--> a collection of edited fields (only 5 so far)

Put the BIG files and the unzipped ODI fields into the "C:\program files\Cricket 2005\" folder.

**** COMING SOON ****

Attachments

• Bowling Beta.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Eddie

International Cricketer
Do you need to expand out the zip file into the cricket 2005 directory? If so do you keep the directroy stucture?

you can extract the zip anywhere, as long as you copy the files to the C:\program files\Cricket 2005\" folder.

Does this have any affect on play in Test matches as that is what I mainly play.
Thanks.

I haven't done so much editing to the test match AI (yet), but the changes to shots and pitches will be evident in test matches.

sam p

School Cricketer
Nice job Eddie. I seem to be getting more realistic matches now. Much more shots piercing the field and plenty of 1's and 2's. Thanks for your efforts.

Have you got more plans?

Also, have you come across the AI bowling data yet?

hammudy

Club Cricketer
great patch eddie...just only 1 prob...which i have encountered atleast 5 times now...the cover drives sometimes takes a very funny edge to go on the leg side as if i swept the ball with power boost...lost 3 wickets that way now...hope u could correct this in the next version ;)

cover driver - down+left+S ( RHB )

Last edited:

steve121157

Banned
I've tried the patch in a test match and scored more twos than usual but no threes yet [normal level]
The two boundaries were hit in the air, I can't get them along the ground [can anyone?]
The six was unexpected, must have been good timing as I was just trying to get a boundary!

over runs bowler
1st 102100 Mcgrath
2nd 0020nb21 Gillespie
3rd 010210 McGrath
4th 010000 Gillespie
5th 010121 McGrath
6th 000111 Gillespie
7th 102010 McGrath
8th 010100 Gillespie
9th 62011nb2 McGrath
10th 110010 Warne
11th 201102 Gillespie
12th 100000 Warne
13th 010101 Gillespie
14th 000010 Warne
15th 04W040 Gillespie
16th 000101 Warne

At this point the sound disappeared ....... England 66 for 1 after 16 overs.
Strauss lbw Gillespie 35
Trescothick no 20
Vaughan no 0
extras 11

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddie

International Cricketer
I've tried the patch in a test match and scored more twos than usual but no threes yet [normal level]
The two boundaries were hit in the air, I can't get them along the ground [can anyone?]
The six was unexpected, must have been good timing as I was just trying to get a boundary!

what pitch conditions did you play on?

I'd say 66-1 off 16 over was pretty good in a test match (~4rpo)

great patch eddie...just only 1 prob...which i have encountered atleast 5 times now...the cover drives sometimes takes a very funny edge to go on the leg side as if i swept the ball with power boost...lost 3 wickets that way now...hope u could correct this in the next version

it a bug , that sometime when you edit one shot, it causes other shots to act up a bit. Will investigate and fix it.

Uploaded a new zip to fix the cover drive issue.

Last edited:

Hero

Club Captain
It is nice that finally you have come with your patch Eddie.

groobz

Club Cricketer
nice patch, finally i can hit the ball through the legside!. I encounted the coverdrive shot going through the legside (like someone mentioned), and the cut shot seems to go no where. Did you edit the six shots? timing for them has to be perfect now.

steve121157

Banned
Eddie said:
what pitch conditions did you play on?

I'd say 66-1 off 16 over was pretty good in a test match (~4rpo)

Eddie ,Thanks for the patch by the way.
My Test match is being played on a Normal wicket , using Brett Lee's new grass patch which looks effective .. has that typical English look,very authentic.
I'd recommend anyone to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

hammudy

Club Cricketer
The six was unexpected, must have been good timing as I was just trying to get a boundary!QUOTE]

with this patch i have had 3s and hit many boundries ( ground shots )....i didnt try the ODI yet will try it today but last night i had a go on a test match...and man were hiting shots enjoyable...was was 162 in 10 overs w/o hitting a single six

Eddie

International Cricketer
Did you edit the six shots? timing for them has to be perfect now.

yes i did, i added the whole" risk & reward" situation....you may get 4 or 6 runs, but if you don't time it 100% you have an increased chance of getting out.

Users who are viewing this thread