First Official Review

AI Patch : shreyasbasarge V3.1 (ODI)

Mode: Normal Mode (Medium mode).

Reviewer: Surendar

Overall :
Not too bad!!!

Rating: 6/10

Short Description:
Needs improvement to bring reality into the game.

Main Feature:
Batting is Easy especially the Front Foot Cover Drive is Excellent.

DETAILED REVIEW

USER BATTING

FRONT FOOT

1) The Front foot cover drives especially with Six hitting button are nice to play!!!!
2) The leg side shots needs improvement a lot!!! But within 15 overs its quite easy to clear the men at inner circle with six hitting button
3) The Straight shot is quite interesting to play. The single picking shot can be played as a normal shot but when hitting six, user should be careful with the timing.

BACK FOOT

1) The back foot offside shots needs little improvement. But the cover drive with back foot helps in singles and fours while the square drive is little tough and needs improvement.
2) The legside shot at the last moment i.e cheeky shot is interesting as it passes just next to wicketkeeper for runs.
3) The pull shot needs improvement.
4) The shot played while pressing right and down arrow together helps in boundaries as well as singles.

NOTE: The shots when played with six hitting button should be perfect in timing else it will find a fielder.

SWEEP SHOT:

1) General sweep shot is good to play with the spinners but should be careful with spinners(make sure not to miss the timing as it leads to LBW)
2) With Six hitting button, this can be used as a weapon to clear the inner circle even with the fast bowlers?.it sometimes lead to six also.(But this i.e sweeping a fast bowler to six is noted to be a EA bug)
USER BOWLING /CPU BATTING:

1) Good to bowl to CPU with different line and lengths
2) As usual, The Common EA bug (low full tosses) is present.

NOTE: When attempting to bowl this Low Full toss, even with a slight alter in that length (Moving cursor little back/front), CPU punishes it badly!!!

3) CPU has good approach but aggressive is needed to be consistent at least for first15 overs.

CPU?s BOWLING APPROACH:

1) Almost the line and lengths are same which makes batting easy!!!
2) Different varieties are needed.
3) User has to be careful in timing.

FIELDING:

Well this is extremely poor..lots and lots of misfielding is there i.e the same EA bug. This has to be reduced to certain extent.

BOUNDARIES

SIXES : Timing is needed and is most enjoyable with front foot cover drive.

FOURS :
Mostly offside fours are easy to hit especially cover drive four. In leg side, Sweeping off the fast bowlers along with six hitting helps in getting fours.

AUTOPLAY :

Well, this depends on the team strength.
Examples :

1) I tried with Bangladesh and South Africa.
a. With South Africa as a user team I got around 250plus.
b. With Bangladesh as a user team I got around 190 plus.
Similar result was obtained with Bangladesh and India.
2) I tried with Australia and South Africa.
a. The competition was close enough but I got the average first batting score to be around 250 with both the teams.

Conclusion of Autoplay Feature :

1) The average First batting scores varies around 250 runs.
2) Its not good to put autoplay with high scores on the board(260 plus) as it results in loss(i.e. to chase 260plus is difficult in autoplay) most of the times(around 90 percent)

SUMMARY :

1) Cover drives are more enjoyable to play.
2) Well, legside shots need improvement.
3) User can rotate strikes easily.
4) Good as well as little challenging to bowl to CPU.
5) With attempting to bowl low full tosses,user has to careful in length else bad lengths will be punished severely.

APPRECIATION

1) Cover drives are excellent.

NEEDING IMPROVEMENT :

1) Pull shots
2) Legside shots
3) Back foot offside shots
4) Fielding needs a lot of improvement.
5) Variety of line and lengths from CPU is required.

MESSAGE TO SHREYASBASARGE :

Well AI patches are one of the most difficult ones to make. You have put a good effort in creating AIpatch. But one of the goals that are important is to bring reality into the game. This patch needs lot of improvement. Well you have started an effort in making AIpatch. So keep trying?. Good Luck!!!!

Cheers
Surendar. :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread