Story ICC Champions Trophy - England 2004

Who will win the iCC Champions Trophy 2004?

• Total voters

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
ihnp-478003.png

Relive all the action of the ICC Champions Trophy England 2004 as the top 12 teams in the world prepare to battle it out for the "Mini World Cup".

Yes I have decided to add the 2004 ICC Champions Trophy to my England International Season. However you must remember this tournament is being played in Sep-Oct 2004, and none of the matches in my thread have been played.

I am using:

Boss CGPv4 and Ravi's Latest ODI Patch
Updated Rosters (as per the actual squads of the 2004 ICC Champions Trophy)
Ste's adboard pack
Ste's Sky Sports 2 TV Patch
LG ICC Stumps
LG and Pepsi Pitchads
Updated Kits
Graphics Editor, Player Editor, Lineup Editor, SavTweak and Fixtures Editor

Stay tuned...for more updates!

Last edited:

a47

Club Cricketer
looks like its going to be a cracker!!
a mini world cup.
cant wait for it.
thanks

crick4life

International Cricketer
Good luck mate, nice to see some excellent series' from the past being relived. :cool:

MWaugh

International Coach
best of luck with it mvaughn. are you playing as england? im sure it will be another great series. i agree with ravi that revisiting these old series is great. i find its better as you can relate back to what youve seen and i know (as for my new series the frank worrell trophy 1996/97) i was on the edge of my seats and excited for the whole series so im hoping this will be the same.
anyways best of luck with the series. go australia

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I will be playing as England in this tournament. However I will also be playing the trans-tasman encounter between Australia and New Zealand.

The fixtures:

top2.gif

Sep 10:
England vs Zimbabwe - Edgbaston
New Zealand vs USA - The Oval

Sep 11:
India vs Kenya - Rosebowl

Sep 12:
South Africa vs Bangladesh - Edgbaston

Sep 13:
Australia vs USA - Rosebowl

Sep 14:
Pakistan vs Kenya - Edgbaston
Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe - The Oval

Sep 15:
West Indies vs Bangladesh - Rosebowl

Sep 16:
Australia vs New Zealand - The Oval

Sep 17:
Sri Lanka vs England - Rosebowl

Sep 18:
South Africa vs West Indies - The Oval

Sep 19:
India vs Pakistan - Edgbaston

Sep 21:
1st semi final - Edgbaston

Sep 22:
2nd semi final - Rosebowl

Sep 25:
Final - The Oval

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Flashback - ICC Champions Trophy 2002
Winners: India & Sri Lanka

icc_cup.jpg

India and Sri Lanka were declared joint-winners of the ICC Champions Trophy after rain again forced the replayed final to abandoned.

rain1.jpg

India were 38 for one wicket in 8.4 overs in reply to Sri Lanka's 222 for seven when rains disrupted the final, which was replayed following Sunday's abandonment, also because of rain, when India were 14 without loss while chasing Sri Lanka's total of 244 for five.

The all Asian clash in the 12-team tournament was poised for an exciting finish before a steady drizzle, followed by thunder and lightning, forced the umpires to halt play and later called it off. India, losing finalists in Nairobi two years ago, and Sri Lanka shared the trophy and the winner's purse of $300,000.

India were very impressive in this tournament, beating South Africa, England and Zimbabwe on their way to the final. They also are the only team to have made it to the finals twice.
_38990599_india203ap.jpg

Sri Lanka on the other hand knocked out the world champions Australia in the other semi final and also beat Pakistan and Netherlands in the group stage.
_38675157_sl150.jpg

Previous winners:
2000 - New Zealand beat India at the Nairobi Gymkhana Ground
1998 - South Africa beat West Indies at Dhaka

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
should be awesome!!

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
and maybe India can get past PAkistan !

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Australia and India name squads for ICC Champions Trophy

World Champions Australia, and India have named their squads for the ICC Champions Trophy.

ICC%20Champions%20Trophy.gif

Cricket Australia today announced that the National Selection Panel (NSP) has chosen a 14-man squad to represent Australia at the International Cricket Council (ICC) Champions Trophy, to be played in England this September.

pt_lee_1501_ent-lead__200x277.jpg
Paceman Brett Lee returns to the Australian side

Selection sees New South Wales paceman Brett Lee return to the Australian line-up for the first time since the Travelex Tour of Sri Lanka , when he was forced home with an injured left ankle.

Lee, who underwent surgery in March, has been declared fit by Cricket Australia medical staff after undergoing extensive rehabilitation.

Commenting on his return, Lee said: ?I have been working really hard since the setback in Sri Lanka . After the initial disappointment of that injury, I focussed all my energies into getting back for the ICC Champions Trophy, which is really the only one-day tournament that has so far eluded us.

?I have been doing a lot of work during my time away from competitive cricket with Dennis Lillee at the Centre of Excellence in Brisbane , which has helped me enormously.

?I guess the whole break has given me a chance to reflect on the past five years and assess where my career is at.

?The ankle feels fine, my body feels fresh and I just can't wait to pull on an Australian uniform again,? he said.

NSP Chairman Trevor Hohns said selectors had been keeping close watch on Lee's recovery and were satisfied with the medical reports received.

?We have been monitoring Brett's progress since March and having spoken to the medicos, and seen Brett go through his paces in Brisbane recently, we are confident that he is back to full strength,? Hohns said.

?He is a quality bowler who will give the pace attack some real depth and variety for this very important tournament,? he said.

Hohns said that selectors had chosen an experienced squad for the ICC Champions Trophy, which will see Australia play pool matches against the United States of America and New Zealand .

?With the entire playing list given a clean bill of health by our medical staff, we have been able to choose, what we feel, is our strongest squad,? said Hohns.

?This is a very important tournament for this side, as Australia aims to defend its place as the leader in one-day international cricket. We feel that this is the best squad to meet that challenge.

?Several of the players have been playing county cricket in the UK , so the conditions they will face during the tournament will not be foreign to them,? he said.

Squad: Ricky Ponting(capt), Adam Gilchrist (vcapt), Michael Clarke, Jason Gillespie, Ian Harvey, Matthew Hayden, Brad Hogg, Michael Kasprowicz, Brett Lee, Darren Lehmann, Damien Martyn, Glen McGrath, Andrew Symonds, Shane Watson.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread