Real Madrid CF [CM2006] (Real Madrid 1:0 Chelsea)

How will Real Madrid peform under Guus Hiddink

• 9th-17th domestic league finish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Relegation from Domestic league

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MWaugh

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hiddink Appointed New Coach Of Real Madrid

Spanish Primera Liga champions Real Madrid C.F have made a surprising move by announcing the appointment of Dutch manager Guus Hiddink to take the club into the 2005/2006 season.

328642.jpg

(Guus Hiddink has been apointed the new manager and first team coach for Real Madrid)

The decision to appoint Hiddink, widely considered one of the best managers in the world, comes at the expense of outgoing coach Fabio Capello. Capello has paid the price for one of the strongest and most successful clubs in the world failing to produce any trophies for the Spanish capital last season. It will be the dutch masters second attempt at glory with Real Madrid, after spending 7 months with the club in 1998.

Real Madrid President Ram?n Calder?n indicated that the recent performances of Hiddink have brought about the appointment.

?It has been almost a decade since Guus was last in charge of Real Madrid and a lot has changed. While he didn?t have a great level of success during his 7 months at Madrid, his performance during the 2002 world cup with South Korea and the way he has taken PSV Eindehoven to the top in the Dutch domestic leagues.?

?Obviously we feel that with the talent we have at the club currently, that the domestic competition will be our primary aim. However the UEFA Champions League is another one of our main targets this season, we feel that we have the team to compete against any in the world?
Calder?n added.

Incoming manager and first team coach Guus Hiddink was unavailable for comment today but is expected to fly into Spain tomorrow to begin his tenure at the club.

Last edited:

sid_19840

International Coach
Good luck with the story Mark.I hope it turns out as another of your classic stories that you have been known to produce.And you always know whom to turn to if you need a sig for the story. :p

Real I think will be a difficult team to manage,with all the stars,it would be a challenge keeping everyone happy.Id go for a cup win for them this season.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Nice to see another story from you Waugh, although I hate Real I hope teh story goes well for you.

MWaugh

International Coach
Hiddink Arrives At The Bernabeu

Guus Hiddink has arrived in Spain as he prepares to take the reigns of one of Europe?s most celebrated clubs, Real Madrid. The Spanish media attempted to take full advantage of Hiddink?s arrival at Madrid Airport but the Dutch manager was very reserved in his initial statement.

?All I can say at the moment is that I am very pleased to have finally arrived in Spain. This is a lovely country to be in and has some of the finest football players in the world. I am very much looking forward to my time in Madrid and working with the players. I do not wish to comment any further as I am still yet to even meet the players, I have been told that a press conference will be called tomorrow in which I can answer any further questions.?

(Guus Hiddink arrives in Madrid as the frenzy of Spanish media begins)

sid_19840

International Coach
Bala said:

Nope,the signature maker of his current signature. :p Anyways he's already sent a pm on the matter.

Back on topic,I wonder if there will be any Galacticos heading to Real.And are the latest signings in already such as Cannavaro and Emerson.

MWaugh

International Coach
sid_19840 said:
Back on topic,I wonder if there will be any Galacticos heading to Real.And are the latest signings in already such as Cannavaro and Emerson.

nope to both of those. this must have been made just before the italian debackle took place

Bala

International Coach
yeah! it has the squads as per the Jan 2006 transfer window but the season starts from August 2005.

MWaugh

International Coach
Hiddink Meets Management

July 1, 2005

The first day of Guus Hiddinks second stint with Real Madrid was occupied with a meeting involving the management in which the expectations for the coming 2005/2006 season were conveyed. President Ram?n Calder?n had this to say in regards to the forthcoming season:

"With the quality of our first team squad and the breadth of resources at your disposal Guus, we see no reason why a clean-sweep of the trophies available this season shouldnt be our ultimate aim."

"We have built our squad up to be one of the most successful and powerful in Europe, to give you the greatest opportunity in continuing our growth and development, we are please to have over ?85 million at our disposal for player signings and wages."

Not every coach comes in to manage a new team with ?85 million and a various array of stars, but with such lofty figures comes expectations from both the board, the media and ultimately, the fans.

Guus Meets The Players

July 1

Incoming manager Guus Hiddink had his first chance to meet his squad ahead of what all involved hope will be a successful season. Hiddink, flanked by Assistant Manager Paulo Ruiz Campos, had his first chance to introduce himself to any players who were yet to meet the Dutchman, and outline what he hopes to achieve at the Bernabau this year.

Real Madrid captain Raul was available briefly for comment after training:
"I was very impressed by the way he approached the team and spoke to all of the guys. Guus was very clear with what he was aiming for in this group of players and the general feel I received from those involved was very positive."

realbow.jpg

(Guus Hiddink addresses his new squad for the first time)

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Yes!!! Hiddink returns to Bernabeu!! And with that massive budget, he can actually buy the who's who of Football. The pressure will be on him though to win back the Premiera Liga crown from current champions and bitter rivals, Barcelona.

Go Real!!

MWaugh

International Coach
Hiddink Reviews Squad List

July 2, 2005

After a packed first day of meet and greet for both players and board members. Guus Hiddink had his first chance to sit down and closely study the players that will be working under him in the first team.

Real are blessed to have such a strong and talented squad at their disposal, and with ?85 million having been made available by the board for transfers, Hiddink will surely be able to add a number of players to this allready impressive roster.

Along with the star studded lineup, Hiddink also had his first chance to meet the staff who will be working under and along side him. The manager will be flanked by assistant manager Paulo Campos and will assisted by a number of coaches, physios and scouts to help ensure success at the Bernabau in 2006.

Last edited:

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Strong squad that, but the nine time European champions have never been short of stars. The main job for Guus is to get these galacticos to work as a team, something that they have failed to do since the 2003-04 season.

I am also assuming that Roberto Soldado is in the Real Madrid B team.

Users who are viewing this thread