England's Journey Through The World Cup [PES 6] [PLEASE CLOSE =D]

• Thread starter Deleted member 13648
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13648

englandvk7.jpg

England's squad for the World Cup qualifying game against Switzerland has been announced.

Starting XI
1. Paul Robinson
2. Gary Neville
3. Rio Ferdinand
4. John Terry
5. Ashley Cole
6. David Beckham (C)
7. Frank Lampard
8. Steven Gerrard
9. Joe Cole
10. Wayne Rooney
11. Michael Owen

Substitutes
1. David James
2. Sol Campbell
3. Wayne Bridge
4. Owen Hargreaves
5. Arron Lennon
6. Stewart Downing
7. Peter Crouch​

England captain David Beckham had a few words to say after the squad was announced.

david-beckham.jpg
DB: We think it's a good squad for this game. We have a good mix of young players and experienced players, who can all contribute to the side in their own way. Our defence is very strong, and we're very pleased to see Sol Campbell back in the International frame. We're just looking to get a win in the first game and make sure we get good results throughout the group stage.

Last edited by a moderator:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pah! England. I hope you get smashed. Now if you were Wales...;)

And also, where's Phil Neville and Andy Johnson? :mad:

plympilgrim

International Coach
nice lookin story culli but beckham as captain and no paul wotton, he's better than becks ;)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
for a moment i mistook it as a cricket story from the title :D Good Luck with the game Culli :) Looking forward for it!

D

Deleted member 13648

First Group Game Gets Under Way

tylernewmainhc9.jpg
MT: England's first group game is just about to get under way here in Switzerland. The weather is lovely and the pitch is in fine shape and we all expect a good game here today. Andy Gray joins me.
andygrayyv7.jpg
AG: Thanks Martin. England have named a strong side here today, obviously looking for goals. I'll expect them to play a 4-4-2 across the park, and they'll get the ball down the wings for the pace and skill of Joe Cole, and the passing abilty of David Beckham. I can't really see Switzerland making much of a threat for England.
englandvsswitzerlandstaee9.png

tylernewmainhc9.jpg
MT: We'll be back with the England match right here, live on Sky Sports!

D

Deleted member 13648

England Start Strongly In Goal-less First Half

tylernewmainji5.png
MT: England have made a good start in this first half creating a few chances and going close on numerous occasions. The passing excellence of David Beckham allowed Michael Owen through to have a shot on goal that went just went narrrowly wide.

owenanimationmi8.gif

Switzerland's only first real chance came from a shot from just inside the box that was scuffed horribly wide of the target, it was a real let off for England but they deserved not to go in behind at the break as they had been the stronger of the two teams.

sfirsthalfchms6.gif

We'll be back shortly with the second half action where England will be hoping to take the game to Switzerland and grab a few goals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread