playing online with gamespy

jan52

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
hi i am new to online gaming . i usually use x box live for online gaming. but i install brian lara 2007 but dont know how to play online with gamespy.and how to find players. thanks

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi mate, I'm not an expert on this - but I can tell you how I go about playing BLIC online :) If you have the PC version just open gamespy arcade (do not have BLIC running at this stage) - click on BLIC07/RPIC07 and enter the lobby. In the lobby there is a list of players on the bottom right of screen and this list displays what status they are currently in ie, ingame, setting up room, chatting etc.

At the top centre of the screen is a list of current match rooms. If there is a free space (player icon not filled in green) then you can enter the match room and talk with the host. Then simply press "i'm ready icon" the game will automatically launch. Give it a few moments to load up and then pick your team. A green icon then should light up beside your name. Wait for the host to pick their team and then the match will start.

Alternatively you can be a host and set up your own Match room in Gamespy Arcade (set options like number of players etc). Then when somebody enters the match room click "i'm ready" and then click "launch game" the game should then automatically start and load up. Pick what tournament mode you want to play, set the difficulty, number of overs etc. Then do the same as i said before - pick your team - then after other player has chosen team you can start the game.

Hope this works for you - good luck mate :)

On-line games are really good craic!!

stannie65

School Cricketer
ive signed up to gamespy arcade (the free one) but i cant find brian lara for pc anywhere. ive clicked on supported games and alphabetical but it is not there.

any ideas?!

actually ive found it now. says that my internal ip address is different to my other ip address and i might have problems hosting. grrrr online gaming!

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
You can ignore that - it just means you're using a router.

However the fact you are using a router does mean you need to port forward as explained in this post

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
are there any ppl here who like playing online????
oh and ya one question: does gamespy run p2p coz i am in my student halls and they block all p2p stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread