A little something for my dad

chessmaster02

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey PlanetCricket!

I have only been using this place actively for 3 days and the community feeling is insane! The amazing work some of you guys do has inspired me to do a little something for my dad.

A little backstory, my dad doesn't really like video games, so me and my brothers tried to guide him into some. We interested many games like Fallout, Battlefield, Rainbow Six etc, and eventually out of all of them, he liked Pokemon Go the most, and he still plays it with my little brother. Me and my little brother have a close relationship, and for his birthday, I asked my brother want he wanted for his birthday. That day, I happened to be going out, so I bought my brother a $100 gift card (I had just bought an Xbox One S, but he still uses our old Xbox One) to buy DBC 17. He loved it, and plays it all the time, and so does my dad. My dad played Under 19 cricket for Queensland (With Matthew Hayden and some other famous players), played 1st Grade Cricket for University of Queensland, was president of their club, and now a life member. ANYWAY, when I was playing Career Mode, I saw University, and had to pick it. As I had just explained to him what modding the teams does, he asked if I could create the proper logo for career mode, I said I couldn't and his heart dropped. What I didn't know is that I could create a custom team, and after searching for it, I found one custom UQ team, but it was very shitty, didn't have the proper logo or kits, and players. What I am asking for is this.

If their is just one PC player, who can create logos, and a kit, than I would greatly appreciate you helping me out making a custom team for my father. He already found out a mate of his was used as a placeholder alongside Don Bradman and Cook, and so now I want to make him into the game. All im asking is if someone can upload the attached picture to DBC 17 so I can use it in creating a custom team, and if there are any kit creators can they please contact me. I can do pretty much anything else (Maybe not make super realistic faces, but if you are good at it please PM me).

I really want to get my dad to stop thinking this is a waste of time, and whilst he is slowly learning that, getting him to enjoy the game properly by playing with himself (Pun intended) will make him a happy man. His career failed due to a variety of reasons, one of those was looking after me and some family business, but I hope I can turn the Xbox on one day to show him a fully made custom team including himself and perhaps against their rivals Valleys or Toombul.

Sorry for the long post!

Here is a link for the logo of University of Queensland and Valleys (UQ's rival) http://imgur.com/a/Cbsx3

If you can just upload them as a logo, for me to chuck straight into the teams, I would appreciate your work! And if there are any kit makers can you please PM me so I can send you the references pics you will need to create the kit.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

tl;dr Dad is interested in this game, want to make him able to relive memories of his First Grade career with a custom club.

BRAB

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was actually thinking of doing just the gold coast teams (Runaway Bay, Queens, Labrador ect) but I thought that'd be casting the net too short in terms of who would actually use them. Glad at least one other person from the gold coast can use the Dolphins team :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMpfOLt.jpg

Also did University of QLD. Starting to get my head around illustrator, might have been handy if I managed that 3 months ago :D

chessmaster02

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Just so you know, it aint Kookaburra on the top left of their kit anymore. Its a company called TK, and its in a golden colour. I believe what you are attempting is the old kit, which looks uglier imo. I will upload the new one soon. I finally figured out how to upload some pics!

EDIT: Also please finish those teams so that I can make a competition with them. I plan on making the first grade Brisbane clubs and having the gold coast clubs too would mean I could make a competition between the two with the winner of both in a playoff.

chessmaster02

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Mate I know what it looks like, but that Kookaburra logo looks like its from the old kit. Also they are called the Blues for a reason, where is the blue in that kit haha. I just did the sleeves and sides blue, and left out the gold. The gold looks good on the waistline of the pants, but thats it. I will upload mine soon.

BRAB

International Coach
Mate I know what it looks like, but that Kookaburra logo looks like its from the old kit. Also they are called the Blues for a reason, where is the blue in that kit haha. I just did the sleeves and sides blue, and left out the gold. The gold looks good on the waistline of the pants, but thats it. I will upload mine soon.

I'm literally just linking you the Uniform that the First Class Players buy to play in the Team.

You're more then free to use any of the logos I made in your kit though. Doesn't bother me at all. And if you're willing to put a team list together too, even better.

I can make up the Valley's kit too at some point, busy with uni so might not be for a while.

I didn't use a team list because I was just uploading it to save the kit. Couldn't be bothered spending the extra 3-4 hours per QPL team making the proper lists at the time.

chessmaster02

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I'm literally just linking you the Uniform that the First Class Players buy to play in the Team.

You're more then free to use any of the logos I made in your kit though. Doesn't bother me at all. And if you're willing to put a team list together too, even better.

I can make up the Valley's kit too at some point, busy with uni so might not be for a while.

I didn't use a team list because I was just uploading it to save the kit. Couldn't be bothered spending the extra 3-4 hours per QPL team making the proper lists at the time.
If you could make the valleys kit (A limited overs version and a whites one) that would be great. I have the logo and I can make the players and stadium by myself.

BRAB

International Coach
If you could make the valleys kit (A limited overs version and a whites one) that would be great. I have the logo and I can make the players and stadium by myself.

So you don't need me to make the logo in the academy at all?

I've also made the Gold Coast Dolphins, would you like to team up and make the rest of the QPL teams as well? The Career mode is T20 only so I've only been making the T20 kits.

I'm happy to do the kits and logos if you do the lineups.

chessmaster02

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia

I've also made the Gold Coast Dolphins, would you like to team up and make the rest of the QPL teams as well? The Career mode is T20 only so I've only been making the T20 kits.

I am thrilled someone else wants to do this, so yes, lets do it! Also do you have discord, I think it would work better if we used it to create stuff as we can talk in real time via voice or text chat.

chessmaster02

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia

Made the discord server, you can join it by clicking this

Users who are viewing this thread