Australia's T20 captaincy contenders

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
When I heard the news I assumed straight away that it would be Clarke to step in, especially if they want to line him up to replace Ponting in all forms when Ponting calls it a day. It would be a good way to get him some captaining experience for when he takes it on full time.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Doesn't really matter, depends whos in the team at the time.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think the obvious choice would be Clarke. I'd also like to see White assume the role of deputy rather than Haddin.
Should Clarke be made ODI captain as well,this is the combination that should be in.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yep White definitely should be vice captain, Victoria obviously saw something in him when they made him captain at such a young age and he would be the ideal guy to be next in line after Clarke.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Not that I really care, but it's got to be White. Whilst he is easily our best option to captain, Clarke will get it. Although I wish he retired from Twenty20 too, along with Ponting. I love the way he's not playing many Twenty20's, but obviously if he is going to captain, he needs to be playing as many as possible!

Hopefully his retirement is just around the corner.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
the big bundy bear 4 sure!!

cam whites record is killer, 3 domestic titles in aus, 4 out of four finals, a top score of 141* in god knows how few balls and probably a killer record in england

plus hes said to be be the most tactically astute minded skipper in the country

plus hes a vic, and unlike clarke is good at t20s

Users who are viewing this thread