Best Player In The AFL -- BY POSITION -- Current voting: Forwards

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Interesting theory. But don't you think that the fact that Roughead and Williams are both going well means that teams aren't going to quadruple-team Franklin, as one of the lesser attended players could kick a bag instead? Also, Williams was never the leading goalkicker in the competition. Leading goalkicker in Hawthorn, but with all due respect, any decent forward could've been Hawthorn's leading goalkicker at that stage.

Pavlich has a couple of players on him every week, as the other team may as well play a couple on him. He's a star, so he pushes through it and is regularly his team's best player. Sometimes his team is so average that he is forced to play out of position, and run through the midfield just so his team can get the ball. It normally works, too, he normally gets the ball. Unfortunately the problem for Pavlich is that there's not much to kick to when you're outside goalkicking range and you are your team's only good player.

Johnathan Brown, in form, is probably a more dominant player than Pavlich, so I'd say he'd be a pretty close second. I just reckon Pavlich is the best due to not only his ability to make a rubbish team into an okay team, but his ability to do it every week, and he has been doing that for several years now.
Williams was the leading the goalkicker in the competition in 2005 or 2006 (I think?) before he got injured and was overtaken.

If you watched Hawthorn play then you'd know that Franklin actually does get triple teamed, infact it has happened in almost every match this season. Particullary in the Richmond game when he had to take on 2 Richmond defenders + Matthew Richardson aswell at times and he still managed 7 shots on goal (albeit 1 goal, 7 behinds) which led to Richmond supporters claiming that Kelvin Moore beat Buddy Franklin. :rolleyes:

He is also so strong at ground level which is also essential to why he is rated the best forward in the competition at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread