Cricket games pre PC Video console era

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
School Classroom Cricket.

-Scrunched up paper
-A ruler or one of those small novelty bats(:D)
-A handful of students
-A bag as the wickets sat on top of a table as the stumps.

You know the rest...
When I was at Uni we used to play a similar game in the house a few of us were renting. We however used a fullsize bat, a tennis ball and the stumps were basically the front door. Fielders stood in doorways or on the stairs etc.

Amazingly we got our security deposit back at the end of the year, not sure if that says alot for the quality of our batting ;)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
When I was at Uni we used to play a similar game in the house a few of us were renting. We however used a fullsize bat, a tennis ball and the stumps were basically the front door. Fielders stood in doorways or on the stairs etc.

Amazingly we got our security deposit back at the end of the year, not sure if that says alot for the quality of our batting ;)
I used to do that when I lived in Indonesia. Our living room in the second floor had nearly no furniture so I'd put the one couch off to the side and we'd decide that hitting the TV was -10. Once I moved back to India the house became much smaller (became an apartment, actually) but I still play indoor cricket with my cousins whenever I go back. Of course, it's under-overarm (if you know what I mean). The stumps are two wastepaper baskets stacked on top of each other.

Users who are viewing this thread