dbc17 hacks: fearsome tweak v1.51

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Mate on PC they leave for fun!?

You say that, as did someone else on another thread, yet all the videos posted suggest otherwise . Take the above one for example which also highlights the so many wickets just thrown away by the AI . It would be wonderful if you could post up a session or two if you get the time over the next few weeks, to prove me otherwise and I would love to see a spell of short attacking bowling to see what, if anything has changed.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
IMG_5027.PNG
IMG_5026.PNG
You say that, as did someone else on another thread, yet all the videos posted suggest otherwise . Take the above one for example which also highlights the so many wickets just thrown away by the AI . It would be wonderful if you could post up a session or two if you get the time over the next few weeks, to prove me otherwise and I would love to see a spell of short attacking bowling to see what, if anything has changed.

I'm away at the moment. But check the scorecard. I can get the AI if I find the right line and area to leave the ball for all 6 balls of an over!

I'm back tomorrow and I'll see if I can get something recorded for you

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Also.... the above video is of him playing with a mod that makes the AI make more mistakes!?!?

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
(Not using the hack yet) I don't know if its just me over thinking it.. When batting the ball off the bat if aimed near a player the ball goes right to them (if they have a mid on or off ill try hit it to their right or left but it goes right to them). I've noticed it a little with edges when batting mostly go where the fielders are.. when they only have a short third man it goes straight to him. I admit im not very good at batting at all but i really struggle to pierce the field if they fill the covers it goes straight to them. Only playing casual tests atm medium medium legend.

What are the aims for this mod @francobaldo1 ? :) Very excited as i and many of us loved the 14 version.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
i'm not very good too, however i can hit in the gap often. I'm sure timing perfectly help to find the gap,
also the confidence of the player matters. It's a problem for the AI too, when is batting, i can keep
the run rate very low. I'd wait the next patches to see if it changes.

For the mod, the next thing is to write a custom AI. It will use a custom script that anyone can modify.
The tools are all ready, if you check the minigame that i uploaded for dbc14 you'll be able to choose
a shot for the AI. Then i hope many other things.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Ahhh I see, I'm just rubbish haha :D

The select a shot for AI... is that a mentality override kinda of thing? or do they just play the same shot over and over? Sorry not followed the 14 mod for a while but i enjoyed the early-middle stages of it incredibly. only stopped due to pc being a pain when playing 14.

So I'm guessing alot more can be 'fiddled' with in 17?

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
I've still yet to see a single video to corroborate this @blockerdave, all I see is the AI playing in exactly the same manner as in the original. Please present me some evidence...........

It's about 4th 5th stump line they do leave alot. any wider they tend to go after it.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
I've still yet to see a single video to corroborate this @blockerdave, all I see is the AI playing in exactly the same manner as in the original. Please present me some evidence...........

in dbc17 batting is less overpowered, and the AI doenst cheat too much (unless you got a pirated version, then i think it's not possible to get a wicket against the AI).
I'm playing a game with England vs Ireland, i'm in the 6 over and the AI left 3 consecutive balls (short, short, normal). But i really think you need to play the game to
have a better idea.

edit: The current version of the mod is probably not working after the steam update of some days ago, i will make a new executable. I'm currently trying to modify the weather in the game.

Col. Hans Landa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
in dbc17 batting is less overpowered, and the AI doenst cheat too much (unless you got a pirated version, then i think it's not possible to get a wicket against the AI).
I'm playing a game with England vs Ireland, i'm in the 6 over and the AI left 3 consecutive balls (short, short, normal). But i really think you need to play the game to
have a better idea.

edit: The current version of the mod is probably not working after the steam update of some days ago, i will make a new executable. I'm currently trying to modify the weather in the game.

I've played DBC 17 for maybe 40 hours and have gone back to DBC 14. Don't get me wrong, DBC 17 is a wonderful game with great potential but I find myself short of motivation starting a new match after completing one. While playing DBC 14 I am always excited and play one tour after another. There is something about DBC14 and Franco's patch that struck gold and forces me to log in and play the game again and again.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
I've played DBC 17 for maybe 40 hours and have gone back to DBC 14. Don't get me wrong, DBC 17 is a wonderful game with great potential but I find myself short of motivation starting a new match after completing one. While playing DBC 14 I am always excited and play one tour after another. There is something about DBC14 and Franco's patch that struck gold and forces me to log in and play the game again and again.

i hope that dbc17 will have a high level of modding with the community (like in games like Skyrim).

question: has anyone seen rain in the game? I mean the visual effect. I can force a rain delay with a hack, but for now the visual effect isnt there.
This was in dbc14:

papalazarou

Club Captain
I dont think the visual effect is actually in this game currently. I had a break for rain in an ODI recently and there was no sign of rain let alone heavy rain clouds, just sparse scattered cumulus humilis (had to look that one up!). I'm really hoping the weather in game will be overhauled in a appropriately prioritised future patch (lest I get acused of not focusing on the all important gameplay first!). We could ceratinly do with a bit more visual variety weather wise and it would be nice for it to have an effect on the match conditions too.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Please add batsmans strenght into next one

maybe that could be possible with in-game slider? I think i will add it, however i need to be sure that it cant
be used online (would be cheating). If anyone wants help me to test the multiplayer, leave me a pm thanks

Users who are viewing this thread