Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On the load screen, if you type up up down down left right left right all your teams become Biggs, with Biggs as Umpire. It's irreversible. My legacy.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Genuinely not sure. I've not extensively edited players - especially not in the last two weeks.

The general point is that I'd be interested to hear feedback on how the game plays out of the box. That might well be negative, but it would be a helpful starting point in figuring out why certain tweaks to them are effective, or the real magnitude of those effects against a common baseline.

This is all well and good Matt but the issues are glaringly obvious and are apparent no matter how the batting skills/attributes are set. The AI play too many double trigger/aerial shots compared to the number of non-trigger shots and because of the uppish nature of these shots result in the AI giving their wicket away generally to mid-on/off and as pointed out these shots have a low edge probability. As you move up levels the AI increases in aggressiveness which is why the edges diminish. Bowl for a session in a test on amateur(which has the best balance bowling-wise) then repeat with the same teams on veteran and see the difference for yourself.

The sweep shot against spin is also an issue again due to the fact this also goes through the air far too often. The cut-shot/ strange looking late cut should be set up so that the AI play it only when the ball is going over/ wide of off and most definitely not to deliveries that are full and straight.

Rectifying these 3 issues alone would see a reduction in cheap wickets and an increase in edges.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I don't even know what that odd late-cut shot is called, but it's just such a fantastic bail-out for a pre-meditated trigger shot against a yorker that almost always goes for six or four, I love playing it against someone and HATE it when it's played against me because you know the player (if online) has gone "ahhhh... ahh... fearsome tweak it, yorker... it's going here..." because hitting it anywhere else is tough with the trigger down. The AI uses it way too much when you don't have anyone at third-man but I've kinda got used to it and just made sure I always have someone in the deep so I barely ever see it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
well i played with out of the box teams and it sucked.

positive: 2 edges, neither caught, one short of backward point one wide of 3rd slip.

negative: ludicrously fast/agile fielders taking superman catches. dismissals i have eliminated from the game with reduced attributes (knee in the way cutting a straight one for LBW, ball down the legside hitting the pads and going into the stumps because obviously that ball was a perfect candidate for a late-cut to third man and obviously smashing the stumps was the natural trajectory of the rebound)

this game has been play-tested up the ying yang in lots of different ways: it's obvious to everyone that there's in an issue in the power of skills and attributes and their relation to gameplay and it's weird this point isn't accepted or acknowledged by Big Ant.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I call it the "for f***s sake shot" as that is my general response to it!

I would never use such language, except to say it's a classic @MattW Yellow Jackets Killer Whales go-to shot forcing me to change a comedy field-set because shit just got real and he's going for the win...

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So does the swear filter not exist for Biggs? That really goes against the 'This Guy Gets It'...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag

grkrama

National Board President
Is it just me from what i have played after the latest patch the AI has stopped playing late cut for anything even in good length let alone yorker in FC.

grkrama

National Board President
I mean im 100 + overs into the match with AI scoring 500+ for 4 wkts and havnt had almost any late cuts

2015-07-18_00058.jpg 2015-07-18_00056.jpg 2015-07-18_00060.jpg

im on legend get best teams tour test match AUS vs ENG

im using your 6-3 field for most of the match i can say i didnt even get those cheap mid of chips not that i have taken lot of wickets just 4 with a couple of more chances couple of nice edges that i posted in the video before. i can say i have bowled really well atleast with MJ [who was almost untouchable in the first spell]and Haze.
2015-07-22_00005.jpg

may be something worth looking at?

ntrav

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
...The fielder's running though on the other hand is completely annoying as contributes to the cheap wicket syndrome and as I say it's as though the game is completely over-riding the attribute settings. In some cases a fielder at mid-on can suddenly run to mid-off to take a catch and in other cases can overtake a flighted ball to take a catch.

Yes!! This is one of my (very few) gripes with DBC. Sometimes you beat the fielder with a chip over his head but then he just shift/hovers to a better position to take the catch, without needing to dive or anything. Infuriates me when I'm going well in an inns on Career Mode.

Users who are viewing this thread