Standardised Player Rating System

McGarnagle

School Cricketer
Just an idea I came up with while playing DBC 14
So we've all had the problem when playing Don Bradman Cricket 14 of unrealistically rated players relative to each other. This is usually a result of different teams create by different users or maybe even the same user with some bias, conscious or not.

I thought it would useful if the community had some sort of ratings guideline for those who wanted more realistic career mode stats. I was thinking maybe we could use real life cricketing stats pulled from cricinfo or a similar site to create some sort of formula for each of Don Bradman 17's player stats. For example we could use a batsman's wagon wheel and percentage or runs scored on the onside to calculate the onside stat. Each rating could be adjusted for which grade of cricket they where pulled from.

This system might help with accurately reflecting players from teams most people haven't seen play such as some of the associate teams. I don't have the necessary brain power or time to figure out a whole system by myself, so maybe if the community came together to create a system it could be done much faster.

menyarky

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's a fantastic idea mate. Something I was very frustrated with was the lack of consistency of player ratings across different teams at all levels in the game. As far as I'm aware there isn't any ratings guideline or a formula. I've actually been putting together a spreadsheet to try and rank players that have recently played international cricket (or been called up to an international squad) in Test and ODI and attribute ratings to them for the game. I'm basically going off their recent form; Test, ODI, FC and List A averages; ICC rankings; reputation; and whether they're pre-peak, at their peak, or post-peak of their abilities.

Naturally, all of this is going to be somewhat subjective, so it'd be great if others were keen to give me some feedback and make suggestions or adjustments to ratings - or even to find a better way to do it! The stats are accurate around August 2016, so there may be a few changes to make but overall I think it's decent enough.

There are only about 140 players on there too so there's definitely room to add.

Attachments

• Bat_Ratings.xlsx
    20.1 KB · Views: 411

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's a good idea, and something we tried to do in DBC14. unfortunately, because nobody has any idea at this stage how the gameplay will work out, we are shooting in the dark.

the best approach really is to have variation beforehand, and then once the game is out and we see what's what we can communicate and maybe come up with some "standards".

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That's a fantastic idea mate. Something I was very frustrated with was the lack of consistency of player ratings across different teams at all levels in the game. As far as I'm aware there isn't any ratings guideline or a formula. I've actually been putting together a spreadsheet to try and rank players that have recently played international cricket (or been called up to an international squad) in Test and ODI and attribute ratings to them for the game. I'm basically going off their recent form; Test, ODI, FC and List A averages; ICC rankings; reputation; and whether they're pre-peak, at their peak, or post-peak of their abilities.

Naturally, all of this is going to be somewhat subjective, so it'd be great if others were keen to give me some feedback and make suggestions or adjustments to ratings - or even to find a better way to do it! The stats are accurate around August 2016, so there may be a few changes to make but overall I think it's decent enough.

There are only about 140 players on there too so there's definitely room to add.

DeKock should be 88

Users who are viewing this thread