Time to step into World of 3D Programming.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello guys, i have been through this, There are lots of Sites related to this, but the noobs again and again dont get hold of these and give up. So this thread is aimed at helping noobs by other noobs who are a bit ahead.

Believe it or not, C++ is the only language to learn. If u dont know C++, then learn it and return back. Just get hold any free complier( i prefer DevC++, though i am not getting paid for taking its name) and start programming. Oh I heard u...How to program? use the power of Internet and Search Engines(also written in C++.) Its not a thing u can master in 21 days(u can learn though). And by no means skip, the pointers chapter( if u have a book). Its the most important thing in games. ANd if u think u r good in Data structures, rethink.

So atlast u feel confident of C++. But hey there's a new language in the Blocks. Dont worry syntax may be diferent, all rest are same. But why did u learn C++ in first case?? Ofcourse to program 3D world and its behaviour. Is it difficult?? It ought to be. You are trying to change nature. you are trying to display 3D world on a 2D screen. so the next thing to learn is a bit of 3D.

Just download the OpenGL cookbook from opengl.org and read the first few chapters. Oh you think u dont need me anymore after downloading the cookbook?? OK dont worry i will meet you here after some days. OK othes listen, read the first few chapters and get acquainted with 3D world and some of its behaviour.

The biggest twist here. You should be learning DirectX or openGL now. But i am different. We will choose an unadvocated but effective path. We will develop applications in 3D Engines. Yes you heard it correctly. We will use 3D engines. There are literally 1000's of engines, but i will choose TV3DK. Its free for evaluation purposes atleast.

hey u VB guys, were are you running away, there is something for everone in this thread, fully acquainted with VB? OK we will use also use VB with the 3D engine.

Oh my mom is calling, will cya later. First complete the tasks given. All those who have completed, go and listen to your mom, what she's telling and then return back for more...

Users who are viewing this thread