Woeful umpiring decision

Mercules

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought it was quality, can't understand the fuss tbh. Suggestions that you might field in the stand is just utterly ridiculous.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It was a superb piece of fielding and deserved a catch but it does open some new innovations. Like say a fielder that feels the ball will go over his head could then run and jump on to the fence. Then he jumps from the fence, catches the ball and lands in the field of play.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
that was V-rilliant! end of story! SL should have score 4 runs for that or -4 for WI for that special work!

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
So will we now see fielders sitting in the crowd when the big hitters start firing in during the final overs?

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think it was brilliant and i do not think that there was anything wrong done by the 3rd umpire.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
what about the decision made my ameesh "the pathetic loser" saheba yesterday to give aaron redmond out?
he always makes very bad errors!!!
always!!!!
he doens't belong there.
all the indian umpires are very poor.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So will we now see fielders sitting in the crowd when the big hitters start firing in during the final overs?

That is not possible mate. I guess you dont know the rules. The rules are that a fielder can run and jump and throw the ball into the field to prevent a six, but the rule is also that a fielder cannot be positioned to stand outside the boundary lines.
I advice you to type "Cricket field positions Rules" in google and then search it mate.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
i think it was totally instinctive.lets give the fielder some credit here folks.
the decision made by the umpire was fair enough.

naresh091

International Cricketer
what about the decision made my ameesh "the pathetic loser" saheba yesterday to give aaron redmond out?
he always makes very bad errors!!!
always!!!!
he doens't belong there.
all the indian umpires are very poor.
Although I agree Amish Saheba has poor umpiring skills, Its Ashoka De Silva who made the wrong decision against Redmond.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
That is not possible mate. I guess you dont know the rules. The rules are that a fielder can run and jump and throw the ball into the field to prevent a six, but the rule is also that a fielder cannot be positioned to stand outside the boundary lines.
I advice you to type "Cricket field positions Rules" in google and then search it mate.

You really think I was serious..? Also, you don't 'advice' me anything.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I really don't think we'll see fielders robbing Peter to pay Paul. There were only 3 sixes hit in that innings, with five times as many fours and the number of balls collected in the outfield was about twice as many again. Sri Lanka would certainly have lost if their plan was to save sixes with players outside the boundary. It's increasingly common for players to juggle the ball around the outfield so they can take a clean catch, but you still have to be very skilful to do it, so what is wrong with that?

Users who are viewing this thread