| | Oscar Nomination 2009 | | Predictguys!

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
oscars2009.jpg

Oscar Nomination 2009

Link below for SD 10 Nomination (the movie is one of my favorite now!)

SD 10 nominations

Praying AR wins he deserves it!! :happy

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button has 13 nominations. Shall I make a different thread of it?

Somebody should rename this like 'Oscars thread', so we can discuss all the nominations.

Here is a list of most nominated films:

The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttton - 13
Slumdog Millionaire - 10
The Dark Knight - 8
Milk - 8
Wall-E - 6
Doubt - 5
Frost/Nixon - 5
The Reader - 5
Changeling - 3
Revolutionary Road - 3

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/oscars/7844914.stm

Here is the full list of nominees.

Oscars 2009: The nominees
Here is the complete shortlist for the 81st Academy Awards, which are being held at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles on 22 February.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/oscars/7842438.stm

Last edited:

.Mob

International Coach
SD is overrated, other than the first quarter of the film, it is all overration. The OST is BRILLIANT, though.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Oops i forget to add all Nomination list Thanks Zexy for the link :cool:

Tanmay

Club Captain
Slumdog should win for music one.

Should be a tough decision for Supporting Role between Robert Downey Jr(Tropic Thunder) and Heath Ledger(Dark Knight).Though i support Ledger

Last edited:

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Why wasn't the dark knight nominated for best film. The only superhero film I have ever enjoyed and I thought it was better than slumdog millionaire which everyone is bumming.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Haven't even heard of Slumdog, might have to go catch it to see what the hype is about. Good to see one of my fav actress (Anne Hathaway) getting a nomination.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Haven't even heard of Slumdog, might have to go catch it to see what the hype is about. Good to see one of my fav actress (Anne Hathaway) getting a nomination.
I haven't seen it either, but it sounds good, it's a young Indian who is on the Indian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? recalling his past from the slums. The protagonist is played by someone who was in Skins here.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I haven't seen it either, but it sounds good, it's a young Indian who is on the Indian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? recalling his past from the slums. The protagonist is played by someone who was in Skins here.
Was the best in skins by a mile. Film dissapointed me though, people saying, oh it's the best film in the past 10 years or whatever, tbh if I turn on sky now I could watch schindlers list, 28 weeks later and braveheart which I prefer. Not a bad film by any means but there is loads of unjust hype imo. but then I don't like Danny Boyle so I was probably never going to like it from the start. :D

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
For all those Slumdog.. is a love story of a orphan who grows up in harsh Slums of Mumbai.

Slumdog is based on a novel called Q and A by Indian diplomat Vikas Swarup. And it follows not only the boys life but India's trajectory from underdeveloped to a capitalistic, mass consumption society.

Most of the Shot location are the parts of Mumbai which are Crowded so two thumbs up for Danny and his team to manage the recording :)

Wiki or

Here a quick story

the Movie is great and deserves the Oscar nomination.

Last edited:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
How can I have never heard of a movie that has 13 nominations.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Because it's only just come out. It's actually got a story exactly the same as one of Karl Pilkington's ideas for the overcrowding problem on Earth. Person gets to 78, you inject them in the head (not sure if that bits in the film) and then they proceed to live their live backwards, getting younger and younger as the years go on. Was ridiculous when Pilkers came out with it, and it's just hilarious that it's now been made into a film. It's not based on Pilker's idea though obviously, it's based on the short story of the same name.

Users who are viewing this thread