1st Test: England v Australia

Katich is going to annoy me this series. He's a good player, but his technique is so dull and he's pretty horrible to watch. At least in 2005 he got himself out fairly quickly.

Anderson should stick to mixing his inswingers and outswingers. I think he's bowling a tad short.

That's definitely his best bet towards Punter. He'll have a field day if Anderson keeps banging them in short.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Katich is going to annoy me this series. He's a good player, but his technique is so dull and he's pretty horrible to watch. At least in 2005 he got himself out fairly quickly.

omg I love watching Katich bat. No ████, I absolutely LOVE it. He is so solid.

What's Nasser (Not sure if it's him) going on about Punters defence? He gets right over the ball and he goes:
"There. It just needs to bounce a little and catch a glove..."

Punter was right over the ball. If it bounced a little it would have still went straight down. It's when he starts pushing his bat out in front of his pad against the spinners that we have a problem.

That's definitely his best bet towards Punter. He'll have a field day if Anderson keeps banging them in short.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

omg I love watching Katich bat. No ████, I absolutely LOVE it. He is so solid.

Yeah i love Katich's approach. So aggrestic. He's almost like our own Collingwood. I think Anderson is starting to hit his straps. Moving it a little late now.

Where's Monty.

EDIT: ahh they're trying to make him drive. Wrong bowler. I would expect Broad to execute that type of plan.

Nah I think he has a point. His hands were incredibly low to the ground, and if the ball was to just jump up off the pitch and bounce abit more than he expects then catching the glove is definitely possible. I think Nasser talks alot of sense when he gets technical, just judging players ability that he gets abit fuzzy.

WTF is Anderson doing? Was pitching it full, getting some pace and late swing and Punter couldn't hit him. So he goes along and bangs one in short again? Hammered. What else did he expect?

Feelin Blue? added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Nah I think he has a point. His hands were incredibly low to the ground, and if the ball was to just jump up off the pitch and bounce abit more than he expects then catching the glove is definitely possible. I think Nasser talks alot of sense when he gets technical, just judging players ability that he gets abit fuzzy.

That's how Ponting plays the spinners. I saw nothing wrong with that defensive shot tbh, I thought his bat was angled enough.

The smiling Sardarji into the attack now.

I can just see Monty getting Ponting to edge to the slips then doing a lap of the field in celebration...

I can just see Monty getting Ponting to edge to the slips then doing a lap of the field in celebration...

I can see Monty doing an ugly looking mutated form of a Bhangra to celebrate Ponting`s wicket as well.

WTF is Anderson doing? Was pitching it full, getting some pace and late swing and Punter couldn't hit him. So he goes along and bangs one in short again? Hammered. What else did he expect?

Feelin Blue? added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

That's how Ponting plays the spinners. I saw nothing wrong with that defensive shot tbh, I thought his bat was angled enough.

Obviously its a plan. I've noticed he's done this once every over just after two inswingers. I think he needs to bowl those closer to Ponting body. But good for us Monty is on. I think Katich would prefer this to Swann.

Swann is looking good. Seriously Flintoff/Swann = torture

Users who are viewing this thread