Pakistan to refuse to play WC games in India

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
But India should be thanking their lucky stars that the England Cricket Team weren't staying at the Taj at the time. If they were, then the repcrussions would be worse for India than they are currently for Pakistan.

India cant be ignored. We bring the money in game.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We have given India a dossier regarding the information that Pakistan has discovered about India's role in the Lahore attacks as well as their role in Baluchistan (I can provide you links on this).

What was the CCTV going to do? There was only one camera.

But India should be thanking their lucky stars that the England Cricket Team weren't staying at the Taj at the time. If they were, then the repcrussions would be worse for India than they are currently for Pakistan.

Had the England team stayed at the Taj, the terrorists wouldnt have even come close to that area. They knew that it was far far easier targetting these regular foreigners who visit India (and not the VVIP players who are popular because they are sportspersons). The truth is, a cricketer has never been attacked, and he has been done so in Pakistan. Truth doesnt change even if you have the ability to post a million more messages.

Yes, you guys have suddenly made a U-turn and accused us of nothing (i.e. Baluchistan). I am waiting for Pakistan's evidence on it. Let us see. Its just an attempt to frame India of nothing just because Pakistan is framed of housing terrorists in their nation.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

India cant be ignored. We bring the money in game.

See, now all that I was arguing for, you have devalued it. I dont think any cricketer is going to come to a nation just because he values the money more. Life comes first and then comes money. Without life, how are you going to enjoy the money? People dont just come to India because we rule financially.

King Cricket

International Coach

Had the grenade, and that rocket hit the bus....well, we can link hundreds of terror attacks which had happened in India, England, Sri Lanka, Pakistan etc like this with cricket. Anyway,

Pakistan security succeeded in defending those who they were assigned to.

Taufel didn't say the same thing. The 20 commandoes assigned to protect their bus were nowhere to be seen when the attack happened. Plus how will you explain that coming of a police vehicle when the terrorists were escaping, yet them doing nothing? Broad and Taufel were saved only because of a local Pakistani umpire, who risked his own life, and took a bullet in his thigh, just to save those two. Hats off to him!

We have given India a dossier regarding the information that Pakistan has discovered about India's role in the Lahore attacks as well as their role in Baluchistan (I can provide you links on this).

No need. I know it. I still have some doubts, but if this Indian involvement is real, then I've nothing to say. Just that I would have kicked the arse out of those people, be them any minister or any f****** moron, who have been spreading violence there, had I been the PM.

Let's face it. The various drawbacks of our force was exposed after 26/11, and that of Pakistan's force was exposed after 3/3. You can't deny it. Anyway, we are moving away from the main topic. Right, so yeah, I have no issues with PCB wanting to host their matches in UAE. If they think that it is a better/safer place, so be it. The BCCI should let them. What will we get if we force them to host their matches here? Nothing but some extra money. C'mon BCCI! We already have zillions. So, in that sense, we are not gaining anything, neither are we losing anything. As a host nation, we will get our share of the money from the ICC, no matter what. It's all about some extra cash. Now c'mon, man!

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
@ KC: Ijaz Butt has himself said that there is no clause in the agreement signed by the nations concerned that a neutral venue should be used in the event that the concerned country is not safe to travel to. They are getting their hosting fee from the ICC. It seems they also want the revenue. Maybe ICC could have a sharing model between the country that hosts the rescheduled games and Pakistan. But UAE is not an option (according to what Ijaz Butt said)! Why blame the BCCI for it and ask them to let go?

King Cricket

International Coach
Whoo! Too confusing for my little brain! Somehow I didn't notice that link. Anyway, if Ijaz Butt has himself said this, then what's the issue of this debate? Matter solved. Let's go and get some sleep. It's 12:23 already. :p

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
When a country is threatening to deny the right of sportsman or team entry to a country because of politics, the sporting body needs to step in and make it right.
No, its out of the jurisdiction of the sporting body. The government's foreign policy is far more important than visas for a sportsman. If the foreign policy prevents the sportsman from entering, quite simply that sportsman does not even have a right to enter. The very reason we have visas is because entry to a country is privilege, not a right.

sohum added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Regarding Pakistan/India and security I think the fact that most of the member nations have chosen not to tour Pakistan and don't have problems touring India speaks for itself. Intelligence may have failed in both countries, but touring teams feel safer with the security provided to them by the Indian government. If you don't agree, you should talk to the reps from those countries instead of trying to argue about whose country's security was better.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
No, its out of the jurisdiction of the sporting body. The government's foreign policy is far more important than visas for a sportsman. If the foreign policy prevents the sportsman from entering, quite simply that sportsman does not even have a right to enter. The very reason we have visas is because entry to a country is privilege, not a right.

Regarding Pakistan/India and security I think the fact that most of the member nations have chosen not to tour Pakistan and don't have problems touring India speaks for itself. Intelligence may have failed in both countries, but touring teams feel safer with the security provided to them by the Indian government. If you don't agree, you should talk to the reps from those countries instead of trying to argue about whose country's security was better.
Sohum, can you please put on your glasses? Perhaps you need English lessons.

Please show me where I am asking people to come to Pakistan. For perhaps the thousanth time, I am not asking people to come to Pakistan, nor am I supporting cricket in Pakistan till 2012-2013. Ideally, I would like international cricket to be played in Pakistan, but it should not happen till atleast 2012-2013.

Now, getting that issue out of the way since some people have reading disabilities, the only reason touring teams feel safer is because this directly involved the Sri Lankan Cricket Team (obviously).

The reprecussions of Mumbai had England been staying in that hotel (if the itinerary was made as such) would have been far worse for India than they currently are for Pakistan.

Oh, and Ijaz Butt is once again a moron. May God help Pakistan cricket.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
@ zMario: Even before the SL team incident happened, it was the same situation. Till then, players were edgy. But after the SL incident, it became easy for them to say 'NO'. Sorry for saying this, but situation in your country has always been like this. Nobody knows when its going to erupt and at what time. But with India, it has never been like that. These cases of terrorism happen in India as isolated incidents.

England left India only because they stayed at the Taj about 2 weeks back. They shudder to think what would have happened. But I say it, if England were staying there when this all happened, THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED! The terrorists would have thought of a different time to carry out these attacks. They did all this when the security was very minimal and the attention was diverted. Even the England team knows it. Thats why they came back (because they know this wont happen again).

Insomniac

Title Recipient
@ zMario: Even before the SL team incident happened, it was the same situation. Till then, players were edgy. But after the SL incident, it became easy for them to say 'NO'. Sorry for saying this, but situation in your country has always been like this. Nobody knows when its going to erupt and at what time. But with India, it has never been like that. These cases of terrorism happen in India as isolated incidents.

England left India only because they stayed at the Taj about 2 weeks back. They shudder to think what would have happened. But I say it, if England were staying there when this all happened, THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED! The terrorists would have thought of a different time to carry out these attacks. They did all this when the security was very minimal and the attention was diverted. Even the England team knows it. Thats why they came back (because they know this wont happen again).
By your esteemed logic, this would mean an incident like this would never occur in Pakistan either again.

What/when was the last major terrorist incident in Pakistan, if you would like to enlighten me Sai?

What/when was the last major terrorist incident in India?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Please show me where I am asking people to come to Pakistan. For perhaps the thousanth time, I am not asking people to come to Pakistan, nor am I supporting cricket in Pakistan till 2012-2013.

I think you should add this in thread title. This is what I feel of discussion in thread now.

circle.jpg

King Cricket

International Coach
The reprecussions of Mumbai had England been staying in that hotel (if the itinerary was made as such) would have been far worse for India than they currently are for Pakistan.

And the repurcussions of Lahore attacks would have been far worse for Pakistan than what they are now, had that rocket, and that grenade hit the bus, and had that local Pakistani umpire fail to save Taufel, and Broad. We can say this for numerous terror attacks which have happened across the globe, in numerous places. But these things didn't happen, right? So, it's kinda silly in mentioning them.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
And the repurcussions of Lahore attacks would have been far worse for Pakistan than what they are now, had that rocket, and that grenade hit the bus, and had that local Pakistani umpire fail to save Taufel, and Broad. We can say this for numerous terror attacks which have happened across the globe, in numerous places. But these things didn't happen, right? So, it's kinda silly in mentioning them.
KC, I have told you already (if you bothered to actually read my post) that the grenade did hit the bus.

Secondly you have your story incorrect, Chris Broad saved the local Pakistani umpire, not the other way around.

Now, as we approach the 2011 WC it will be interesting to see how the politics between the two nations play out.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors

Yes but politics and sport shouldn't mix, not when the two have nothing to do with each other. The Pakistani cricket team pose no security risk to India, and disallowing them entry because of politics between the two countries is unjust.

King Cricket

International Coach
KC, I have told you already (if you bothered to actually read my post) that the grenade did hit the bus.

The first grenade missed the target. And the second one exploded only after the bus had passed over it. So, neither of them directly hit the bus.

Qasim, a resident of Lahore told Dawn.com that he was in his office, located near the site of the attack, when he heard the first blast at 8:30am. A grenade had been thrown at the bus but it landed about 20 feet away from it. A second grenade was hurled under the bus but the driver managed to manoeuvre the vehicle to ensure the team wasn’t hurt.

DAWN.COM | Punjab | Lahore attack: Eye-witness account

Had that brave driver not been there.....
See, the numerous holes present in the security systems of these two countries, were all exposed after 26/11 and 3/3 respectively. This cannot be denied. In 26/11, the Indian police refused to shoot a guy doing a rambo in the streets, and in 3/3 a Pakistani police vehicle did nothing to two deadly terroists coming from the other side. But the fact is, after the loopholes in our security system was exposed, the Indian governemnt took some drastic actions, sacked Mumbai's Police Commissioner, and numerous other top officials of the police force, bringing about a massive change in the security system. Now, Mumbai police is a highly professional and organized unit, ready to tackle anything. I hope the same has happened with the Lahore's security system too. The positive side of 3/3 is that, it's the last major attack witnessed by Lahore. That's indeed a very good sign.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread