Champions League Thread (the dawn of time - 2014)

Well played Chelsea, thoroughly deserved the win. Thought the turning point of the match was the injury to Maggio with his replacement being none other than the legendary Andrea Dossena! Literally gifted them the match. Also feel Hamsik is highly overrated.

Just one survivor in the mix now. :/

He's just far too inconsistent. Dosen't turn up half the time.

Ye Hamsik was fine. He almost scored last night with a tremendous volley that would have been reminiscent to Zidane's goal in the 2002 Champions League final.

Disagree completely. Fantastic player who has lived up to his hype. Deserves to play for a bigger club.

Fantastic player, yes, but who can deny his inconsistency... True, many inconsistent players play for top clubs, so he does deserve to play for a bigger club. On his day he is simply brilliant.

Decent draw for Chelsea. They should be able to make the semis, at which point they'll run into Barcelona...

Can't be sure. Benfica went through at Man Utd's expenses, better than Chelsea according to the table... Anything can happen really.

Yeah but it's the last 8 of the Champions League and you'd rather be playing Benfica than Barca, Real, Milan or Bayern.

I agree with Barmy. No doubt Benfica is a tough tie but it's winnable. Playing the second leg at home is definitely going to be major advantage, as it always is. Whoever we face and whatever happens in the semis is another story. Right now, there's definitely a good chance for us to reach the semi finals at the very least.

On the other hand, had Arsenal got past AC Milan, they would be facing Barcelona yet again. Shame that it didn't happen.

Disagree completely. Fantastic player who has lived up to his hype. Deserves to play for a bigger club.

I've always been someone who didn't really understand the hype of Hamsik. He's never really impressed me. Occasionally he comes up with something brilliant but it's so few and far between that he really can't be classed as a fantastic player. He's nowhere near the standard of Cavani and Lavezzi.

I'd quite like to see Vargas play alongside Cavani and Lavezzi more. He looks like a really exciting player.

Looking forward to (presumably) Bayern v Real. Fully expect Real to go through over the two ties, but it's really a mouthwatering prospect.

Bayern,their capabilities can't be overlooked, took the last game by 7-nil.

I can see a Madrid vs Barca CL Final for sure, that would be a dream for the neutral.

I can see a Madrid vs Barca CL Final for sure, that would be a dream for the neutral.

I'm not so sure. There's just too bloody many Clasicos, it's really tiresome.

Would much prefer a non-Spanish team in the final, or better yet, no Spanish teams!

Users who are viewing this thread