Big Ant Cricket first video

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Its good being optimistic but its too early to judge the game without watching any gameplay footage. I would hold judgement till I see in game action. Editor seems great but game play is what really matters in the end.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Editor seems great but game play is what really matters in the end.
Well no footage will demonstrate gameplay - but knowing the variables that go into the editor is perhaps a good indication of gameplay depth.

I do wish that you could just import a photo, as I'm rather bad at recreating faces in these sort of editors, but that's still far better than just trying to pick through 20 or so template faces and that's it.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
It may not show a complete picture of game play but we will get to see things like animation, variety of shots, seam/swing and some other facets of the game.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Well no footage will demonstrate gameplay - but knowing the variables that go into the editor is perhaps a good indication of gameplay depth.

I agree!! I remember reading a post from Ross where he mentioned about FIFA using interesting shot modification techniques based on different variables. The fact that he mentioned this shows that it has been there at the back of his mind, and since the idea is there, am sure he would be using it in this game. The variables in question would obviously be the player attributes, conditions, situation, ball physics etc. It shows that BigAnt obviously has the correct ideas in mind and are also aware on how to implement them.

Frankly, from day one, I have been more interested in BigAnt's game than any other cricket game, as from day one, their thought process has always indicated that they are trying to make this game HUGE instead of just developing a half-cooked engine / game.

Last edited:

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Ross, the video is good. I like to know if we can create mulitple teams in Bigant Cricket. If we can, what is the limit of the no of teams? I really would like to create legendary teams of the past using your cricket academy.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Ross, the video is good. I like to know if we can create mulitple teams in Bigant Cricket. If we can, what is the limit of the no of teams? I really would like to create legendary teams of the past using your cricket academy.

I think Ross has already confirmed that you can create multiple teams. Also, if you play against someone online who has any created player or team, that same player/team gets stored on your system as well.

Ross: When you are permitted to release gameplay videos, I think it would be a great idea if you could show us a video highlighting the gameplay mechanics that you have talked about in your previous posts, rather than just showing a video of some match (like how Fifa did, highlighting the key features like precision dribbling, first touch etc). Maybe have a weekly video, highlighting each of the key gameplay mechanics per week would be AWESOME and would also show off the hardwork and ideas put in by you guys (e.g. how you talked about the taller bowlers getting more bounce as compared to shorter bowlers; Ball physics; Impact of attributes in the game etc).

Last edited:

avinashdhoni

Club Cricketer
ROSS congrats on your 1st video looks soo promising and my question was "whether the player faces are easy to modify as their original faces like our planet cricket members doing for the remaining games?"

Kerrbox

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I have no words to describe how good i am feeling about this game

and i respect that you have made the first move with actual in game footage im more excited for this than ashes 13 now cant wait

1 question though Ross if we import fan made updated teams from the server will they be incorporated into career mode

thank you so much big ant

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I do wish that you could just import a photo, as I'm rather bad at recreating faces in these sort of editors, but that's still far better than just trying to pick through 20 or so template faces and that's it.

I would love to just import photos - so much easier - however then when the face animates it gets distorted and the eyes just look wrong... I wish there was a solution.

PS: Kinect does allow some of the answers to the issue but not all.

----------

I think Ross has already confirmed that you can create multiple teams. Also, if you play against someone online who has any created player or team, that same player/team gets stored on your system as well.

This is the way the system worked for Rugby League Live 2 - we will have that system and more this time around!

Ross: When you are permitted to release gameplay videos, I think it would be a great idea if you could show us a video highlighting the gameplay mechanics that you have talked about in your previous posts, rather than just showing a video of some match (like how Fifa did, highlighting the key features like precision dribbling, first touch etc). Maybe have a weekly video, highlighting each of the key gameplay mechanics per week would be AWESOME and would also show off the hardwork and ideas put in by you guys (e.g. how you talked about the taller bowlers getting more bounce as compared to shorter bowlers; Ball physics; Impact of attributes in the game etc).

Most of the first videos are likely to be marketing related, all in game and un-touched as we have always done in past with all of our games, but like Fifa's they are mostly sales tools and don't touch the surface of the underlying game. I do hope that we have enough time to make some more "gritty" videos showing more of the nuts and bolts.

----------

I have no words to describe how good i am feeling about this game

and i respect that you have made the first move with actual in game footage im more excited for this than ashes 13 now cant wait

1 question though Ross if we import fan made updated teams from the server will they be incorporated into career mode

thank you so much big ant

Yes.

----------

Theoretically there is no limit, but I will check tomorrow if we have imposed one for the consoles.

----------

Editor looks to be far more in-depth than even the NBA 2k or FIFA franchises, so for that kudos! Can we expect gameplay footage over the coming weeks?

We want to wrap this game up ASAP, you will likely have the Player Creator Beta in your hands before the videos.

Kerrbox

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Awesome Awesome Awesome

another question now, will there be an auto play feature and if so will it be more like the cricket 07 auto play where it didn't matter if you auto played a few overs if it got boring or will it be like all the Brian Lara, Ricky Ponting, ashes games where if you auto play you cant unlock anything

personally i would prefer the first one

thanks again

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Awesome Awesome Awesome

another question now, will there be an auto play feature and if so will it be more like the cricket 07 auto play where it didn't matter if you auto played a few overs if it got boring or will it be like all the Brian Lara, Ricky Ponting, ashes games where if you auto play you cant unlock anything

personally i would prefer the first one

thanks again

Typically we have always "protected" trophies/achievements from being available if you Sim any part of a game, this is the same for Cricket.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Typically we have always "protected" trophies/achievements from being available if you Sim any part of a game, this is the same for Cricket.

A nice thought. But as long as achievements/trophies can be won in local or online play then they will just be boosted.
Do you have any news on the achievements/trophies for the game? If not then I would request you don't make them to hard. Please don't underestimate the people that take game completion into account. There are many gamers who only play games like this just to get 100% gamerscore on. (Sad but true)
If the achievements can be won without say winning a tournament 1000 times with Kenya, then you will get more sales from not so keen cricket fans.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I'm personally hoping for the 'press start on the title screen' achievement.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I'm personally hoping for the 'press start on the title screen' achievement.

lol. Not sure if your being sarcastic towards my comment!
I was serious! People who are 50/50 on getting a cricket game that like to get all achievements will be swayed towards getting it if they can get 100% without having to grind the requirements for weeks. Ashes 09 and ic10 were easy to complete. Making the game appealing to an audience that isn't to keen on cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread