Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Christmas presents are usually bought before Boxing Day.

:lol

Maybe their intention isn't to release it as a christmas present, they have said they want to release when the time is right and all the attention is turned towards cricket. It was just a hunch anyway. Doesn't really matter when it's released now I think a lot of us are used to waiting compared to a few months ago when everyone was a lot more anxious.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
End of story. I am with you on this. They could tie my copy to a Bosnian donkey and send it on its way into the Fiery Pits of Mordor......I will follow it and get it and play it. Heck I will even give Sauron that ring I found back to him whilst I am there. Always like to be helpful.

Lol agree with all the mordor/sauron stuff, but having been to Bosnia I'd be reluctant to go back in a hurry!!!!!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
They are probably waiting for the Ashes series to begin along with a confirmation from Trickstar (no news by then would be news in itself as Ross put) that their game has been cancelled. I think we will likely see an announcement from BigAnt in the week following the Ashes start. I shudder thinking what would happen if Trickstar announces a mid-december release for AC2013 (I know it's highly improbable, but still).

it was just that sort of speculation that got me a flaming from the usual suspects a few weeks back! (i also called december release and was abused for that, too.)

but you're right - if ashes did pull something out now, what would they do? it'd be mighty interesting.

mind you, i still believe ashes won't release and this'll be out early Dec.

----------

Whatever bigant decide, I'm on board.

On board in the sense that i'll be buying it...

But still retain a hearty scepticism that they can have really thought this is the time that will be "most profitable", as opposed to when the game was ready, and that is concerning given we all want it to do very well and support a franchise.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think it's possible that they had a window of time within what they thought was most profitable. Lets say for instance 14/11/13-14/12/13.
Maybe they were originally looking at mid to late nov release but a few snags/bugs had to be fixed or some things were added/removed and so there now looking at later in their window, I think that's why Ross has never given an exact date. Obviously anything that pushed them back in that window was minor enough for them to be able to say without doubt it would be before 2014!!

D

Dutch

it was just that sort of speculation that got me a flaming from the usual suspects a few weeks back! (i also called december release and was abused for that, too.)

but you're right - if ashes did pull something out now, what would they do? it'd be mighty interesting.

mind you, i still believe ashes won't release and this'll be out early Dec.

----------

On board in the sense that i'll be buying it...

But still retain a hearty scepticism that they can have really thought this is the time that will be "most profitable", as opposed to when the game was ready, and that is concerning given we all want it to do very well and support a franchise.

I dont know where this scepticism is coming from actually. If I listen to the whole banter and mood of the videos and the reactions of people who have played the game, the game is definitely ready as apposed to be pushed along to make the biggest profit. Those were the other guys remember.

Matt has played an awful lot of cricket games and I take his opinion very very seriously.

D

Dutch

Just listened to the Twistie interview with Ross....see Ross you can be calm!!;):p

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Must admit that I expected some kind of release information on the Friday after the Thursday launch. I would never have thought in April that come November we would still be waiting for a new cricket game to release. Such is life.

You can count me in on that too.

We even had discussions at Big Ant in February as to whether to have TableTop Cricket come out at the same time as Ashes 2013 in June as we thought it was a deeper game feature wise, subsequently of course we also found out it would also have had better graphical quality too.

D

Dutch

You can count me in on that too.

We even had discussions at Big Ant in February as to whether to have TableTop Cricket come out at the same time as Ashes 2013 in June as we thought it was a deeper game feature wise, subsequently of course we also found out it would also have had better graphical quality too.

Yeah I did say in a subsequent post as well that you guys probably had had a different route in front of you than has actually transcribed. We are close though hey Ross.......?!;)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
I dont know where this scepticism is coming from actually. If I listen to the whole banter and mood of the videos and the reactions of people who have played the game, the game is definitely ready as apposed to be pushed along to make the biggest profit. Those were the other guys remember.

Matt has played an awful lot of cricket games and I take his opinion very very seriously.

I've crossed swords with every admin/mod/staff member here I would think*, Matt had free and unfettered access to the game. He will have further access in our offices soon.

*I demand that any admin who I have not had a stoush with should show his face, pistols at dawn!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

i meant in terms of when the day one patch could be ready.

hell, i was damn impressed by the videos, and am seriously looking forward to playing. and matt's endorsement of the controls encouraged me greatly, because - while not a fan of the pitch marker, current model - I was uncertain how these controls might work.

i am sceptical, however, that post-next gen, very close to christmas is "the most profitable" time to release. now this is based on intuition, obviously, i haven't conducted my own market research. but my intuition has been on the money before... i'm not (in my mind) disparaging big ant or calling into question ross' reliability or honesty, because obviously the game is - and has been for some time - ready in the sense of playable, and they were never going to release it sept/oct or even early nov.

but i think the "we're not tied into the ashes" thing is overplayed. their two biggest markets are about to play a big series, that starts before next gen release. i'd need a helluva lot of convincing that that right there is not the most profitable time, and not two or three weeks later.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Just listened to the Twistie interview with Ross....see Ross you can be calm!!;):p

lol, I am so chilled most of the time... ask anyone that's come to the office*

*but not met me at the footy or cricket

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Maybe Ross just needs to knock on Trickstars door and ask a simple question, are you releasing in November/December and if the answer is no then move along and take the market. The ashes starts in 10 days and like other on here I would love a cricket game around that time.;)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
To get a game into the market merely requires certification. There has been ample time and opportunity for us to do so, we've had a better game than the other side for a significant time.

There is no chance that anyone pontificating on the release date has all of the variables involved. We do not sell to the public, we sell to retailers.

@79C the question is not "when" it is "if" - 505 are deciding whether the hit in reputation is worth it...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
To get a game into the market merely requires certification. There has been ample time and opportunity for us to do so, we've had a better game than the other side for a significant time.

There is no chance that anyone pontificating on the release date has all of the variables involved. We do not sell to the public, we sell to retailers.

@79C the question is not "when" it is "if" - 505 are deciding whether the hit in reputation is worth it...

am i interpreting that correctly that you believe the game is so bad their reputation will be harmed more by releasing it than by not releasing it? (presumably they would hang trickstar out to dry, as in - we could not release the rubbish they served up?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread