Deep analysis of the Ashes cricket game

I saw the preview trailer. You guys are doing great. That's the kind of cricket you would play :)

Have you downloaded the cricket academy? It has a playable nets mode which you might like :)

@BigAntStudios,

(removed)

If you find another game that does the above and a whole load of other things we do that is not posted here, you probably will know who I am ;)

Looks like a good job :thumbs

Last edited:
Thanks Silverthorne.

Last edited:
Thanks Silverthorne.

About that porkies thing...

I checked with my creative director here. He had a look at the YouTube videos.

If you use the traditional method, it might as well be this kind of quality for six months of work. A bit of a shame considering this is AAA work and they must have paid premium price for it. They could have spent lot of time fixing the animations using the older method and found it took ages - the 2 years they spent on this game.

Nobody uses it. Both UDK and Unity supports it, but it is deprecated and not advised to be used.

The person who did the models on Maya is a rookie. If you see that strange video in post #171, the video shows only simple modelling.

No good quality models, textures are bland and simple.

As for whether MikeF is a man of his words, the next lawsuit brewing is either the sponsors money, employee wages and illegal redistribution of fonts and things in the Ashes 2013 game that may back-date to Ashes 2009 game. If they accepted Sponsors money, someone will sue them for their money back...

I wish him and his team, - good luck on their next job and try to show a bit of humility and stop being delusional. They need to spend 5 or 6 years as a rookies and then re-learn everything. They need to realise that they are doing is invalid and learn the correct techniques and methods.

-----------
* models = the computer models in game - stadium, players, wicket, buildings in the background.

* textures = the image on top of the textures. by changing this, you change the outward appearances of the model. If you paint the texture green, the model turns green colour when you look at it.

Last edited:
Have you downloaded the cricket academy? It has a playable nets mode which you might like :)

I don't play cricket. I came to the forum to cross-examine and debunk their claims. What they say. vs. what they did.

However, I did see the DBC2014 thing and I think they have a solid winner in terms of quality and game-play.

How feasible is it to make a mobile version of a cricket game for the Andoid or iPad using Unity?

Unless you have expert team, please do not do so.

You might end-up making an Ashes Cricket 2013 mobile version.

You might end-up making an Ashes Cricket 2013 mobile version.

...ironically, you could prolly sell it on iTunes for the same price. Assuming it passed submission there, haha.

please make the game bug free ,:yes I know its take time buy don't cancel the game::noway,
the working team has given effort to this game

I have another bug of the "there's no way anyone tested this" variety.

The league tables in tournaments don't update. They just stay on 0 and after 5 games the teams listed 1st and 2nd go through :p
In the example here the correct group order is:
Australia
Scotland
Sentinels
West Indies
Bangladesh

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 36
This post might be laden with conspiracy theories on who dunnit:

The developer's and QA fault:
- The developers conspired with the QA, lied and stated it passed quality testing. The the management was busy, didn't know better and claimed it was the truth to everyone.

The management's fault:
- QA staff flagged it as serious bug, and then it was overruled by management, then the management tried to hide bugs.

The QA's fault:
- The QA didn't give a damn and then marked it as passed QA.

Personally, I think it is the management's fault. What do you guys think?

The management were on Early September Holidays, it was booked ages ago and so it was actually their family's fault.

Users who are viewing this thread