ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I Phone 5?
I use iPhone 5, what happened to your original charger that came with the phone? Using it for long time & have never have any troubles to use that charger in car or lappy or the direct plug sockets!

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
How many of you are a little disappointed that Apple has fallen for the "phablet craze"? I am one of them. I just hate phones with screen sizes that look like a computer on hand. Apple zeroed in on the perfect size of 4". Now they seem to be going for 4.7" and 5.5". I am definitely not going to go for the 5,5". I hope the 4.7" is not too bad. I still wish they can retain the 4" model and sell it for people who want phones, not phablets.

But the next big thing should be the smartwatch. Can't wait to see how the form factor works for it. Currently using the Fitbit Flex. I want a more robust device that you can interact with, and get the data in a better way.
Same here Sai! I never like any big things on the phone. So am not really a fan of big screen at all. My first disappointment with apple was when they tried to mimic Samsung in iOS7. I am still on iOS 6.x versions as I hate those big icons & I don't want my apple phone to look like Samsung!! But again, it's individuals preferences I reckon.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
I use iPhone 5, what happened to your original charger that came with the phone? Using it for long time & have never have any troubles to use that charger in car or lappy or the direct plug sockets!
For me it gets those rings on the wires after few weeks of use, and then after more days you have to move it to a certain position to make it work, after more days it completely stops. It seemed like I wasn't the only one, there were more on the Apple website sharing their reviews on the similar note. Well you're lucky you're in the US.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For me iPhone 4S is still the best iPhone that has ever released. Waiting to see if iPhone Air can change that!
The design, build and the screen size are perfect in this device.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
For me iPhone 4S is still the best iPhone that has ever released. Waiting to see if iPhone Air can change that!
The design, build and the screen size are perfect in this device.

5 and 5S have improved upon the 4S and if you compare 4S and 5S, 5S is better. 5 or 5S along with iOS 7 is lovely to use (highly recommended not to use iOS 7 on anything below 5).

P.s: iPhone Air? That sounds wierd. The numbering standard works well for now IMO.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
5S is way too expensive, just comparing with the 4S budget mobiles, though specifications are low, its a much better mobile.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
September 9th 2014 is the upcoming Apple event. Expectations are massive around this date because the iWatch is also expected to be unveiled along with the new iPhone 6. Not just Apple fanboys, but the world would be very interested in knowing what the iWatch has in store.

I just can't wait. The leaked photos of the iPhone 6 (with the curved design and the slimmer body) already looks fantastic. I am frankly interested only in the 4.7" one. Hope the battery has been bumped up significantly.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
The iPhone has now seem to become the symbol of slim phones only.Apart from the thickness factor,I dont guess Apple are being that much innovative.
Meanwhile the prices of the unlocked handset are way too excessive.
Also,the so called iWatch doesn;t seem that good that it was supposed to be.On the wearables front,I expected a lot better from them.The UI doesn't look that neat.According to the images that I saw through Engadget,they've stuffed em with icons.
Overall,not that impressive.Although I've been fan of the way they present their products,they seriously need to innovate more.The features which they are bringing up now have already been introduced on Droids for quite some time now.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Found this :

3UBmFWT.jpg

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Although all these features were in Android phones, people love it only when it comes into an Apple phone. What is Apple doing right than others are not? You take your guess. I have my answer.

The Apple ecosystem is just so tempting not to get out of. The iOS might not have all the customizations of Android, but is incredibly fluid, fast and looks attractive for most of the critical areas of the OS. And Apple's app store continues to be the largest of all and the integrations that users achieve with other devices when they use Apple products, makes people stick loyally to Apple. Its not just a fashion statement. Its mostlf about usability and integration. For e.g. I have a Camry 2012 car which does not let me browse the music of my Android phone through the touchscreen. Apple lets me do it. So I sold out my LG G2 and came back to Apple. I also did not enjoy the "customize all you want" nature of Android. Its too overwhelming, and the performance varies greatly among devices and as you continue using a device. Apple is stable and rock solid (only changes when new Apple devices with better hardware and an OS supporting new hardware is released)

Chewie

BCCI President
It's because people are like OMG APPLE and don't care about anything else.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It's because people are like OMG APPLE and don't care about anything else.

Give me a reason why people would continue to be fanatic about Apple even now, more so after Jobs is dead and Apple's legacy has diluted significantly with only incremental upgrades happening in their new products.

Every company these days is joining this "incremental upgrades" bandwagon. Samsung's S4 and S5 is an example. A lot of other manufacturers do it. They build one product, and then incrementally build it up to the point where its a refined product. Apple has been facing criticism for it because its known for radically new products everytime. But this model will someday be lauded

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Radically new products?..A bigger screen is radically new or the NFC inside the apple iPhone 6 is new.The world moves on from one spec to other and Apple is losing it now.

Users who are viewing this thread