Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

Hope he will recover soon.

Apparently he's in a critical condition and they've induced a coma to perform surgery to remove pressure on his brain: its certainly serious but things could be a lot worse...

You've also got to feel for Sean Abbott, who bowled a ball that every fast-medium has bowled countless times and it lead to this...

That's saddening. One of those emerging talent of his nation facing a time like this is something no one would expect to have happen for their enemies. He could not stand on his feet for more than fives seconds when that bouncer dashed his head; such a speedy recovery, all I pray for him, to see him playing again.

Sad to hear. But its very dangerous to get struck on head with an season ball. Hope to see him recover and be back in the team.

This very sad news. I wish Phil Hughes and his family the best of luck.

I also hope Sean Abbott can cope with this situation. He never meant for this to happen and he is probably feeling terrible.

Really saddening...thoughts and prayers with him and his family..hope he gets well soon... sad for Abbott too..he never meant it.. :( :(

Been dealing with idiots on Twitter today saying bouncers should be banned. I hope on here, as cricket fans, no one will go down that route. This is clearly a freak accident and I hope he makes a full recovery. Think of the number of bouncers that are bowled around the world every day. Injuries are rare. Part of the reason why we are all so shocked this has happened to Hughes is because it is a rare situation.

This is terrible. Wish him a speedy recovery

Users who are viewing this thread